Mental Support Community

I remember on the Thursday he drove down, I went to his car for a brief hello before going back inside and finish up afew tthings before we left for a late dinner. As I was walking to my front door I was telling myself how lucky I felt to have a close friend. Real friends are priceless. We had dinner and spent about 5 more hours talking about our woes etc. 

I don't know though I always feel a little different after meeting him. He sort of has a way of forcing me to confront a lot of my issues when we're together,  mostly through casual talk and suggestion. I might overstate the bad and understate the good, but I come outf feeling like I've done some intense psychotherapy. 

I know most men are less talkative but I bet your friend has a similar rejuvenating effect on you Victim? 

Another weekend 100% alcohol free!  It was a great weekend I totally couch surfed, napped and relaxed but did get a few key things done: grocery shopping, bills paid, laundry, and even a little exercise.  

I got the flu shot 10 days ago & have felt tired and achy ever since.  Happens every year.  But if I don't get it there is hell to pay in December trust me.  

I have a 4 day weekend coming for the high holy day of Halloween.  Now there will be some alcohol then!  

Well sure enough over Halloween weekend I indulged in libations w abandon.  To me Halloween is one big holiday.  I had a good time for the most part and have no regrets.  

But the good news is today I am back on the path of sobriety.  I hope to remain dry as possible now to St Patrick's day or maybe even to Memorial Day which is only 31 weeks away.  

I do enjoy the occasional drink, but funnily enough would probably drink more in the winter than summer. In the warm months I often prefer juices and mocktails. I suppose one thing that can help is having a good choice of non-alcoholic drinks that are not too sweet.

I don't drink. I had a few sips in my early 20's and thought it tasted toxic. I had to spit it out. :mellow: Judging from the way I respond to one anti anxiety pill (nonstop chatter), I imagine it's probably best.

I hope you have success in staying sober, Vic.

So many cute emoticons...

The flu shot makes sick every time.  I think while my immune system is fighting the dead flu virus something else sets upon me or maybe I just over react to the flu shot.  But whatever the cause, I was sick for 2 weeks!  Praise God that is over & hopefully  I am protected against the flu.  

Hope you get better Res!  Tylenol & sleep is my prescription for what it's worth.  :Ponder:

Well it's Sunday night & no booze this weekend.  I got a reasonable amount done.  I just ordered a pair of slippers off the Dr. Leonard's website.  Feeling half decent thank God.  Feel calm & clear headed.  Too often I am anxious & my thoughts race.  It's alarming when that happens because I feel like I have no control.