Mental Support Community

I hate myself

D Dub

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D Dub, I'm sorry that you are in such pain. Do you have any support, someone to talk to? Have you ever spoken with a therapist about your depression?

Consider what gifts you have to offer. What do you like about yourself?

I hope that you will treat yourself gently and with kindness.

Hey d dub! I'm not sure if I can lighten your burden with a few sentences,I'm no professional,but as someone that walks in your shoes,I will say that I am truly sorry that you are in a bad way,truly.I will not offer solutions,I know you have probably dwelt on them six ways from Sunday.But let me tell you that depression and self loathing are self fulfilling,its a cycle and a bad one at that.As I choose to believe that you are at heart a good and decent guy,someone who would not dismiss or ignore a fellow human beings pain and suffering.Would you not offer a kind word? a smile? I'm sure you would,,,don't dismiss yourself brother, cut yourself some slack,do the right thing.......Good luck.

See guys? All we have to do is be romantic and substitute toys for our penises and then we'll be perfectly acceptable! Awesome.

The ladie really ment handbags and new shoe's. Everyone knows these are the only ways to truly satisfy a woman.

Only teasing Mom, what size toy?:(

Dub, sorry for your pain. Just remember, depression is a cycle of ups and downs. When you're in the hole, the only way is up. Keep strong, and post more here, perhaps we can help eachother.

Welcome back Aries.

Sweetmom, you didn't do anything wrong. Some of the guys are in a lot of pain, and may not be ready to hear what you're trying to say, but that doesn't mean that you're wrong to try to help.

Lifeless, Malign was trying to comfort Sweetmom, who intended no harm. I know that you are angry, but maybe there is a healthier way to express this? It would be great if you could take some of the energy within your anger and use it in a way that would help yourself.

You know, I felt that too in the past. I knew I would never qualify as the type of woman that men would find very desirable physically. I always perceived myself as rather generic. After the nerve damage, I would often think "my body's not good enough". I can't fix my inadequacies." My H won't want me...But, at the same time, I knew I ran a lot deeper than my physical anatomy. What I truly always wanted was to be loved and accepted for the person I am inside. Isn't that what you want too, Lifeless?

LE, if I were a therapist and you were my client I might give you an assignment to complete. Please know that it is never my intention to minimize your pain in any way. The next time you find yourself succumbing to the thoughts which allow you to dwell on your situation, make a choice to move away from those thoughts and that pain by supporting someone else. Surf around the boards and read others' stories. Imagine what you might say to support others and then offer your thoughts to them. There is a lot of pain out there in the world. When you remain completely focused on your own, you will never be released from it. Make a choice to do something positive. Don't allow yourself to bathe in your own suffering.

I want what's on the outside to be accepted too. It's my body. It's the way that I am. Who doesn't want to be accepted the way that they are?

Of course you do. Everyone does. What I was alluding to was that you likely want it from the inside as well.

No one on any of the boards want to hear from me. They've read my posts in this one. I'm not exactly a well-liked person around here.

I've always found it therapeutic to access the caring parts of myself. I don't think you're being judged here, Lifeless. Folks just want a voice who will listen and support them and offer their thoughts. You should give it a try.

So, LE, when do you feel you will be ready to take some steps to improve things? Consider other thoughts?

Things only doom us if we allow them to doom us. The pain becomes your world and you begin to see no way out. If your entire day is based around thoughts of "My life is crap and there is nothing I can do to change it"...your life will be crap. In life we have to be proactive in getting what we want. Happiness won't just float by on a passing ship, we have to fight for it and work at it. We can lay down and allow ourselves self-pity or we can take action to make positive changes.

I tend to think that those who are the most self-accepting are likely the least lonely, whether they are in relationships or not. You aren't going to be self-fulfilled in any relationship unless you already have realizations of your own self-worth.

My thought on this with you, Lifeless, is that the entire reason why you believe others won't accept you is because you don't yet deem yourself worthy of their acceptance. It's isn't based on the actual reality of your situation, but rather on the reality you have come to believe. It's time to create a new reality, LE. It starts with you. We can talk and talk about this, but perhaps the time has come to take action.

Make a goal. One goal to start with perhaps and fight to achieve that goal.

Irma said: LE, if I were a therapist and you were my client I might give you an assignment to complete. Please know that it is never my intention to minimize your pain in any way. The next time you find yourself succumbing to the thoughts which allow you to dwell on your situation, make a choice to move away from those thoughts and that pain by supporting someone else. Surf around the boards and read others' stories. Imagine what you might say to support others and then offer your thoughts to them. There is a lot of pain out there in the world. When you remain completely focused on your own, you will never be released from it. Make a choice to do something positive. Don't allow yourself to bathe in your own suffering.

Re-read the above LL, its good stuff. When I talk/post back positively to both your and Rec's posts, it helps me, because I recognise the thoughts and feelings that you both have, as my own. Posting enables me to explore other perspectives, without directly challenging my own thoughts. Indirectly this has helped me make some changes. You may benefit from it, with the added bonus that people may not dislike you as much as YOU think they do. (Personally your rants entertain me, expecially when I read someones post and correctly predict your response)

Again Irma is right. Nothing can be acheived without action. You talk about your myriad of failings that preclude you from a relationship, fat, unemployment, depression, small dick etc. You can change all of them, except size. Why not be the best you, you can be? (I know the answer, size makes it all pointless. But its an excuse to do nothing, which I used for over a decade)

(even you, nd). You made me laugh with this. do I really talk such shyte? dont answer!

Archived