Mental Support Community

Weekend entertainment

Luna-

Now my brain wants to know what Buxtehude would sound like on a human organ ... You know, an array of humans of various shapes and sizes, tuned to different pitches, each one responsible for one note ... This actually sounds like a fun experiment to try, if you can get enough willing volunteers of a vocal persuasion.

I have no idea what you just said. Who is Buxtehude? It obviously follows from the human organ picture but I can't follow your associations at all. Far too obscure for my slow brain. Can you elaborate?

ETA: Hey, it's weekend and you're online. Did you set up your internet? :)

Buxtehude was a composer who was especially noted for his compositions for church rather than human organs. The kind of music the Phantom of the Opera is usually depicted as playing.

So then I imagined what a human organ would look like, if we avoid the obvious. You could get a bunch of people together and assign one of them to sing the note of each pipe of the organ, but it would take a lot of people with enough talent to hit just the right note on cue. Have you ever seen a pipe organ? It almost looks like an array of (very skinny) people of widely assorted heights with their mouths open.

Yeah, I wired it up last night (it's easy except for the cable that I have to run out the window). We have a tentative contract on the house, so they're not showing it any more. The focus now is on a home inspection and then an appraisal.

I never claimed to be logical. Lately.

:-)

It did occur to me later that you were trying to follow me rationally and then worrying about your faculties, but I was just using a different faculty.