Mental Support Community

Recruitment operation

Born to Perish

Born: Life is an illusion.

I know that projection is. That's Maya. I also know that, When in Rome you must do what Romans do. Rome is this world. The material world, the world of physicality which of necessity, includes egos and bodies and defense mechanisms and all that jazz.

I also know that there is that other world and I'm not referring to an imaginary fantasy but rather, the Source of all things from which even Rome emanates. I know too that there are stages between here and there but I passed through them so rapidly, I have difficulty recognizing and remembering each stage. So much so, that, consciously, there is a disconnect. I also know the connection is there, even if I can't see it I can feel it.

More tunage...

Music of the Hour:

Namaste, Born.

See also:

- The Angel of the Earth

- The Unmanifest Absolute

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Blog is short for Web-log. It’s like an online diary or journal where you can post whatever you like, your life, or subjects that interest you, or what you are thinking about and then people can post comments. There are lots of places on the Net that host blogs eg Blogger, Wordpress and even this forum has the blog function. I only use mine for quotes so it is pretty boring, but you can see it with this link.

And I sent you a PM. If you look at the top of this (and every) page, near the top on the right it says "Welcome BornToPerish" and then underneath it "You last visited...". Under that it will say "Private messages" click on that.

Nice to have you back Luna and you too Spiritual_emergency!:) I sent you a message Luna, did you get it? Well I hope you did, because I like soooo sent one! Orale mi raza! What are you doing today? How are you! Ha ha ha OMG Chris I am just lol ha ha ha ha ha haoooo! Love the shirt Luna! What? LOL. Well it is like soooo nice to here from you,:) do you enjoy ice cream? I adore ice cream! You forgot to tell me what you thought about the demon Luna, remember, that's like so the source of my problem, I just wanted to know if you know anyone who may have experienced this or if you knew how to deal with it. AAAoooooo! HA HA! Well put the meat ball sandwich in the garbage I'm ghost to the most! Love you Luna! :eek::(

Question number 2: the demon. I'm afraid I don't know anything about this and I don't know anyone who does. Do you see a therapist or counsellor - you know, someone you talk to about things that are going on with you? You might be able to explore that with them? You know there are meds that help with the demon, you've been on those before. What do you think should be done?

As to question 3: will I email you? I'd prefer to PM you if you don't mind. I use my email for other things and prefer to keep forum things on the forum. But a PM is just like an email. I did get your PM by the way, thanks. :) And I have replied to you.

I am well today, how are you?

Nice to hear from you again Luna! I know that there are medications to help, however none of them have worked. I think I may need some sort of exorcism or something, that'd be great then I can truly reveal the inner evil and have it disposed of properly. This demon is becoming a serious issue. He just took over my body again by force. I am scared and I don't know if I can control him, I want him gone, the medicine stops him from talking, but he takes over my body as he pleases and I feel I cannot stop him if I am to become angry, because when I am angry I am more tempted to unleash him. Luna do you know of an exorcist?

Born: I think I may need some sort of exorcism or something, that'd be great then I can truly reveal the inner evil and have it disposed of properly. This demon is becoming a serious issue. He just took over my body again by force.

A sort of story for you Born...

Once upon a time, people used to believe there was a guy called the Devil who was powerful enough to take over people's bodies. I'm not concerned at the moment with whether or not this "Devil" was a real person. Rather, I wanted to point out that this was referred to as some form of possession and that's why they did exorcisms -- to rid you of the "demon possession". Hold that thought for a moment...

Earlier in our conversation, I touched on the idea of the Jungian concept of The Shadow. Here's the interesting thing: People can become possessed by their psychological shadow and the Devil is an archetype that represents the Shadow.

When I first read that it was all very interesting to me because of my own experience. It intrigued me enough that I decided to learn more and I did find it helpful to understand the concept of "The Devil" by exploring the Jungian concept of the Shadow.

I'll be honest -- it's not the prettiest thing you could do and it can be frightening to do what's called "Shadow Work". Still, that's what helped me so I'll share that idea with you and you can decide if it's something you want to try for yourself. If it doesn't appeal or sit right with you, you're free to set the idea aside completely or set it aside to re-examine at some point in the future.

~ Namaste

See also: Meeting Darkness on the Path

I'd love to try whatever it is, but I honestly have no idea what you meant:o sorry... Listen! I like you you are very nice!!! Listen!!!!!!! Ha ha! Thank you spiritual_emergency for your assistance once again, but now I just need to figure out what you mean by this whole shadow thing so I can implement the strategy whatever it may be. Unicorns, bunnies, hugs!:o I love these things with a passion once more life is an illusion, keep on reminiscing. :cool: Da da da da da da da da da da da...

The Heart is a house of Love:)

Not to worry Born. Lots of people find those ideas to be confusing. As a suggestion, why don't you just sort of hang out with the ideas for a while. If you find yourself interested in them, if they start to make sense to you in some way... you can follow up on it some more then. It's not like there's an expiry date on the idea.

In the meantime, you seem to understand that love is pretty powerful stuff so it's good to keep that around you too.

~ Namaste

Usually if people are brought to the hospital it's because they're in a crisis of some sort. Sometimes the crisis is that they're terribly frightened or deeply distraught. Other times, they might have done something to hurt themselves. More rarely, they've done something to hurt someone else or perhaps gotten in some sort of trouble. (I heard about one young man who broke into someone's house to have a bubble bath. It's not a really horrible thing to do but he still got arrested for breaking and entering and was taken to jail before being transferred to a hospital.)

If you were in public and you started talking to someone other people couldn't see, assuming you weren't displaying any evidence that you were going through any kind of severe crisis state, you might generate some odd stares from strangers. Some people find it helpful to talk with and negotiate with their voices/companions as the voices come up. One way of doing so a little more discretely when you're in public is to hold a cell phone up to your ear and then talk away.

If you were with family or friends when you began talking with someone they couldn't see, they might grow concerned for you. Given that you have a psychiatric history, they might want to talk with you about your experience or they might suggest that you return to see your doctor or therapist.

If you were with school chums or co-workers when you felt the urge to talk back to a voice you heard, they might not understand. In those sort of situations, you might find it better to not talk back, although you might be able to "write back".

Intervoice Online might be a good source of additional information for you (or other people) who hear voices or are looking for ideas on how to cope with them.

Did that answer your question?

Thank you! So I can talk to my imaginary friends in public without the worry or an arrest! Thank god! I was about to talk about the whole Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness thing, but I can see that is not needed. Thank god almighty! I can be myself and live amougst other people! Because if I couldn't!!!!!!!!!:mad: Lol! Any how I can! And now I'm happy!:o I love this world, rejoice and reminisce to all!

Love you spiritual_emergency!

The Heart is a house of Love!:o

Born, it is possible that you may be put in a mental hospital against your will if there is a concern that you may be a danger to yourself (such as the demon trying to do something to you or hurt you) or a danger to others (such as the demon attacking others or threatening to hurt them). It is probably okay to talk with your friends, especially if you hold a cellphone to your ear as spiritual emergency suggests. You cannot be arrested because you have not done anything wrong.

I don't think exorcism is a solution though. You mentioned that the medicine helps the demon to keep quiet. I've noticed, in the time I've known you that whenever you're taking the medicine the demon is quiet and doesn't hassle you. When you stop taking it, you seem to be extra-ultra-happy for a time and then the demon returns. So it seems as if the medicine helps you. What do you think of the idea of talking it to keep the demon from being so nasty to you, if that works? Can you tell me why you stopped taking it?

I know you said it doesn't help with your anxiety but maybe the medicine just isn't going to help with that. From knowing you for many months now it seems to me the demon is what bothers you the most so let's work on handling the demon and perhaps you won't be taken to the hospital. And remember last time you went to the hospital you said they were very nice to you there, so maybe it is not so frightening?

So credulous to hear from you! What's up Stephanie how you doing today?! LOL! Hey! Hi! How are ya! Listen... Hmmm LISTEN!!!!!! I.... I can't take the medication because it makes me anxious, depressed, angry and unhappy. I also need you to understand that the demon said he will never go away no matter what medication I take, and I believe this is true because he would constantly possess me while I was medicated at any time I were to interact with anyone who was a bit intimidating. With no medicine, I am not intimidated nor angry, no intimidation, no anger no power for the demon. He cannot thrive without these and this I know, that is why I cannot take the medication. Also medication is unatural and hazardous to my health, isn't that right lover boy. Ha ha is tickles! Anyway, I am really sorry if I upset you by saying this, but it is true, medication just isn't right for me. I think, that maybe this is some kind of spell casted upon me and I think that if I have some help to achieve faith then he will take his leave, but I need to get closer to God to do so and I also need to get some holy water thrown on him, get him tied down and have him beaten so that he can't hurt me or anyone else ever again. I want someone to tie my body down, preach the demon away with the use of holy water and maybe even hit my body if they have to to get him to go away. I have got to try something else other than medication, it just doesn't work.:o But I will have my day and I will stop this demon. I've got a long way to go, but I can make it.:o Liberty gibit! The Heart is a house of Love!:(

Well Born, whatever happens we'll still be here. :)

1. Did you get any sleep last night? You have to sleep, you know.

2. Do you go to a church? Maybe you can ask the minister there to pray with you?

3. I think an exorcist is a bit extreme and I don't think beating your body is going to help drive out any demon.

4. I'm not saying you have to take your medication, it just seemed to me you were feeling better when you were. You seem to get very anxious when the demon comes back and then afterwards you are depressed. That's all.

Okay so like yeah I got some sleep last night and it was so totally fab. I no longer have a church that I constantly go to, now I go to 3 different churches one of those is Lakewood church, a lot of people go there. Perhaps I could tell the minister about it, but he might treat me poorly if I tell him all about me. Oh sorry sweetie there is no depression problem with me, see the thing is is that I misunderstood my situation. I was only depressed because I felt like I could not be true to my heart, but now that I am I am nott depressed any more. The only reason why I was anxious was because I took the medication and felt vulnerable. And I was angry for both of those reasons on top of all of the work I had to do and the fact that my mom showed resentment for any type of "unusual" behavior from me such as, dancing, singing, making silly faces and laughing. I am so much more free to do as I wish now it makes me so happy, I MIGHT FINALLY GET A TEAM ROCKET UNIFORM!!!! LOL! I enjoy opening up to you guys, because I feel you should know all about me so that I can get the help I need. If I am not to laugh, sing, dance and play on a regular basis then I get the craziness gene build up, which means that I will become easily prone to uncontrollable hyperactivity, no matter what medication I am on. I used to take conserta, it made me a robot and unhappy. I am soooo happy now, I feel like I am at peace with the world and I can now start my life's journey. I do not think the demon will have his way with me as he says, I think I have the power and as long as I know I am in control I think I will be in control. My feminine side is going to start coming out, slowly but surely I will show her to the world, I will try my hardest to get dates with boys and girls and try to branch out and make even more great friends like yourselves. I will supress the power of the craziness gene (hyperactivity) by getting rid of energy in little burst so that it doesn't get out of hand, WORKS LIKE A CHARM! The demon is somewhat of an ally/enemy, he protects me and helps me when I work out, but he is evil so.... The whole thing is a dilenma, but I know I need to do this my way, because if I don't my depression could cause me to go into self harm once again and maybe even worse anger the demon and strengthen him even more. It seems like he gets stronger with every medication I take. He didn't used to be able to take control of my body, accept for when I was like 5, but even when I was angry for all of those years he found it hard to emerge, now as soon as I take abilify he decides it's his time to shine. He growls ferociously now, unlike in the past and he is much stronger and angrier now than ever before, I think I made him despise humans even more than he already did. Sorry for how long this is, but I could not resist telling all. Overall the demon has no influence over me whatsoever. My feminine side does and so does the craziness gene, but not the demon, I put forth most of my energy to resist him and it works, HE WILL NOT BREAK ME. I can do this with everyone's blessing and a little help from God. I KNOW IT. We'll win this war and all the others as well. I hereby wage war on discrimination, daily labor, the SAT, and the demon, and I plan on winning everyone. Yes though I am ADHD I will find a way to beat the clock on the SAT. Yes though I am anxious I will find a career. Yes though this demon is of a great power I shall overcome. And finally yes, though I am an african american, bisexual mental case, I will prevail over discrimination as well! Others did it, now it is my turn. It is our time to shine. All of us: My masculine side, my feminine side, me and the craziness gene will overcome, we will prevail.

Duty, Honor, Longevity

Love Lift us up where we Belong:cool:

Sleep is good, Born. It's very important to a person's overall mental health and this seems to be even more so if people have experienced mania.

My feminine side is going to start coming out, slowly but surely I will show her to the world...

lol. That's interesting you would say that Born. Jung had a theory that whatever your outer gender is, you would have a corresponding inner gender. He referred to this part of the psyche as the Anima and the Animus. In order to understand the Anima and the Animus, we have to think outside the box of gender and even, of sexual orientation. For example, when most of us think of Masculine and Feminine we probably think of males and females. We think of the males as being "MEN" and the females as being 'WOMEN" but we want to go further with our thinking than just bodies. One way we can do that is to examine actions.

For example, consider your behavior when you write a post. First, you think about what you want to say and all those words start swirling around in your head. Then, you decide what is it you want to say and you write that on the page.

The act of creating your thoughts and gestating your words is a feminine act. But the act of actually creating structure out of them is a masculine act. Going inwards is associated with the feminine; going outwards is associated with the masculine. The feminine presents us with pregnant possibilities, the masculine makes those possibilities into realities. The light of day is associated with the masculine; the dark of night associated with the feminine. Breathing in -- feminine; breathing out -- masculine. Are you getting a sense of how the masculine and feminine dance together...?

That's all for now but as time permits, I will try to come back to add some more thoughts. For now... a song about the masculine and the feminine...

Music of the Hour:

See also: The Anima and the Animus

Born: I am having trouble understanding your message.Do you mean the separation between femininity and masculinity is an illusion?

Hello Born,

I had to stop and think about that and decide if that was what I meant, but I don't think it is.

What I was addressing was your comment regarding an awareness of a feminine nature. I know you also self-identify as a bi-sexual male and that's why I emphasized that the concept I was referring to went beyond gender or sexual orientation. You see, even if you self-identified as a male heterosexual, according to Jung, you would still have a feminine aspect in your psyche. Likewise, as a female who self-identifies as heterosexual, I also have a masculine component to my psyche. In fact, in the online environment I am frequently assumed to be male.

Every man has a feminine component in his psyche; every woman has a masculine component in hers. Unfortunately, for centuries, and particularily in the western world, it has been considered a virtue - 'the done thing' - for men to suppress their femininity; and until very recently women have been socially conditioned to think it unbecoming to show their masculinity. ...

For several reasons, therefore, it is imperative, both for individual and for social progress, that we learn to acknowledge and integrate our anima or animus, our soul-image.

Your soul-image will lead your conscious ego safely into the unconscious and safely out again. When Theseus neded to penetrate the labyrinth in Crete in order to slay the monstrous Minotaur, the fair Ariadne, with her thread, enabled him to go in and find his way out again. If we follow Jung and translate this story into psychological terms, the labyrinth is a symbol of the unconscious, the monster is the frightening and threatening aspect of whatever in our unconscious has been neglected and has therefore 'gone wild'; the slaying of the monster means 'taming' that wild, unruly force and bringing it under conscious control. The 'slaying' can be accomplished, however, only by love (Ariadne - the feminine) - only by accepting the neglected thing, honouring it and welcoming it into our unconscious.

The soul-image, then, is a mediator - a go-between or middle-man (or middle-woman) - who establishes communication between the conscious ego and the unconscious and reconciles the two.

Source: Myths, Dreams, Symbols: The Anima & Animus

I also think it's interesting that you've never been exposed to Jungian theory before yet you seem to have an intuitive understanding of some of the key concepts. I'm assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that this is a result of some of your own experiences with deflated, inflated or fragmented ego states.

Music of the Hour:

Hey spiritual_emergency! I am so happy now that I have opened up more and decided to be even more of the real me. Turns out I have very little masculinity in me, huh go figure! Its hard, but I'm doing a whole lot better than 2 years ago and (woof, woof, woof!) come come Sung the Khan's cat must be braver. Love you! Me see you soon day! So long, don't fall out of touch. Taco Shack! Feliz navidad! Farewell, pleasant journey.:cool:

:mad:Guys I'm dealing with a lot right now. Evidently the gay community thinks poorly of bisexual people, and now I have to worry about them too. I need help to hold on the the last thread of goodness I have, because my heart is telling me to unleash the animal upon the 1st who is to assault me in anyway whether physically or even verbally. I am very mad right now. I wanted to let you know so I could get comfort and support and maybe even an energy booster. I'm kind of down about the whole thing. They call bisexuals promiscuous and slutty and they claim we are confused. I can't wait to get out there, because I am different and if they make these comments about me, I cannot guarantee their safety. This one guy even called bisexuals nasty and said they would have sex with anything, MAN WHAT AN ASS!!!!:mad: Please be here for me in my time of need. I do not want to cause harm to myself or others.

Born,

About the only guarantee you'll ever get about human behavior is that it won't always be nice. You can't spend your life worrying about those who don't understand; there are too many of them. Try focusing your energy on those who do. For one thing, you'll have less rage that way.

You mentioned, a post or two ago, that you don't think you have a great deal of masculinity in you. So, who's making all these threats of violence? Maybe what you're finding is that your masculinity and your femininity have separated. Do you think you can get them a bit closer together? It seems to me that life is easier when we're more whole and integrated. At least, we don't swing so wildly with our moods.

Born: Hmmm. I was thinking about why they would do that and here's what I came up with.

What I was thinking was that it always feels a bit frightening and intimidating to declare yourself a member of a minority group because there's strength in numbers and minorities don't have that. Still, they might want to have that kind of security and might feel they can find that kind of support most easily in another one of their kind. Then, they find out that you're not exactly like them and therefore, you can't appease their fears. Their anticipated relief vanishes and they get angry because they wanted you to help minimize it.

MAN WHAT AN ASS!!!!

Yes. And there will be plenty of others who are also asses. There will also be plenty who are not.

Meantime, it's okay for you to be who you are. They don't know you and therefore, whatever they were saying was nothing more than projection. That's no reason why you have to carry their attitude for them. It doesn't belong to you, it belongs to them. I suggest you set it down and step away. Go do something that feeds your life and soul.

~ Namaste

Archived