Mental Support Community

Recruitment operation

Born to Perish

Hey Born. I'll just drop you a quick note before I'm off home.

I'm sure South African TV is much different than ours. I've seen Cartoon Network, but I don't have a TV, at the moment, and it's just as well. We're not bored, you can be sure of that, though.

What are you afraid of, Born? I mean, most people are afraid of the usual, like dying or people being mean to them. Are the ants in your room causing you trouble? If so, look around for any food you may have dropped. They're probably just hungry.

I have a friend who can't eat anything with wheat in it, or her joints hurt. So, you're not the only one with problems. But you can be the King if you want! :-)

Thanks for not forsaking me, by the way. :-) <----- I'm also partial to the old-school smileys, for some reason. Maybe because I'm old-school ...

I'll talk to you later. Stay safe.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was nice of you. I hope the ants are gone now, because I cleaned my room. I am afraid that people are going to hurt me in more ways than one. This is my face when people bully me: ;) and it usually ends up here: :mad:. No one would be happy if I got to that stage, because I tend to lose control when I am in that state. I understand that many people have problems, however people like you and me Malign are screwed for life. We could lose limbs, become impoverished the next day. We could be in the same boat as the normies tomorrow, but they will never know what it is like to hear voices in their head or have any other mental disability, because that would make them another person. I am currently looking for friends, because I don't have any earthbound ones. It is nice to have you guys, you are my earthbound friends, but I could never meet you guys and that's sad:(, but I love you guys, even if it is only from afar. My social program is fun, I am going back today. Oh my gosh I think Ricky likes me! I could just about die! LOL! Well I hope to hear more from you guys later okay, love you! :)

Let me break it down for you a fly is a little tiny insect... OH! Sorry! Hi guys I have a question. Where do you think that I can go where people have problems like me on the site so that I can help them too? I'd love to help, but I've browsed and for some strange reason every time I read someone's problems I didn't know exactly what to say.:)

Hi Born, I think a lot of people feel like that, in fact some people never post because of that. I tend to be perhaps too verbose on the other hand :)

I think most people mostly need to hear that they are not alone, and they usually can use some encouragement and perhaps a pat on the back for what they did well. It's just nice not to feel like there are others out there like us...

Howzit Bornie...

Where did everyone else run off to? Do you know? Does anyone know?

I know... *puts hand up in the air and winks*

malign is around here somewhere *rummaging in a big box, muttering "I could have sworn he was here just now..." *

Let me catch up with what has been said, and reply:

Are you bored of me? I know I talk a lot so if I am just let me know, it seems as if many years have passed by since we started this thread. Everyday it seems as if a new problem arises...

<bit snipped out by Luna>

... Luna do you have problems everyday like me?

I'm not bored of you. Would I still be here if I was? *grin* Yes, you did start your thread quite a while back - and here we still are. I have problems most days, yes. But all in all, I have a good life too. Not much money but enough to get by. That thing of having problems everyday - um - I think it's called Life. At least it means you're alive.

:-) <----- I'm also partial to the old-school smileys, for some reason. Maybe because I'm old-school ...

... or maybe because you're old, malign. * runs and hides behind Bornie* I just love teasing malign, he is so teasable.

Personally I like described actions like this: *makes a face* 'cause that way you can do sarcasm *evil grin* and say what you're doing *puts up hand* and make a whole little screenplay out of it. How about it, Bornie, why don't you give it a try, so we can see you?

My social program is fun, I am going back today. Oh my gosh I think Ricky likes me! I could just about die! LOL!

Interesting - do tell us more about Ricky...? *questioning smile* What do you do at the social program? :rolleyes:

Where do you think that I can go where people have problems like me on the site so that I can help them too? I'd love to help, but I've browsed and for some strange reason every time I read someone's problems I didn't know exactly what to say.

I generally read a post and if I don't know what to say, I move on to the next post. None of us know what to say everytime. When I come across one, where I feel I know what the person is saying or I agree, I'll say so, or I'll say Welcome to new people so they can feel at home here. That's what I do.

Someone you might be interested to chat to here is Aaron.X.C - Bornie, meet Aaron. Aaron, meet BornToPerish. - As far as I can tell you are both 17. Maybe you'll have something else in common to talk about? You can go to Search (near the top of the page), then pick Advanced Search and then search for posts by username if you want to read some of each ohters' posts.

OK, that's enough from me.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Born,

We may be far away but our members in the community are from all over the world. So, distance is psychological. We are here and are glad to meet you.

Allan:)

Hey Born,

Sorry I haven't been online much, lately. I worked Sunday, and every day since ... And, since it's from work that I usually get online, you can see my dilemma.

But I do have to come and find out why my ears are burning, and as usual, it's Luna teasing me. :-) Actually, I'm lucky that they've been tossing lettuce into my box, or I might not be here at all ... And my advanced age doesn't prevent me from being young at mind ... I should probably check my backside for "Tease Me" signs. :-P

How are you doing, Born? {I can tell how Luna's doing, just from all the teasing.} I was pleased that your social group was keeping you interested, too. I hope you're having a good summer vacation.

Ah well, back to work.

Hey Luna the thing you did was soooo cute, you know with the actions and such. Ricky is not an earthbound person, nor is he one of my friends. He is from a television show and I thought it would be funny if I said that. The social program is okay, they try to teach us how to communicate, however, I know how to communicate, I just choose not to. They can't help me with that though, kind of a shame. HEY THIS AINT NO BRAIN! THIS A DAMN BEE'S NEST! LOL! So totally sorry. Thought that be funny too. I got it off of a show called Aqua teen Hungerforce. It is hilarious. You are also right about the problem thing. Thank you all for coming to see me *smile* see Luna I can do it too! Yay! *jump out of seat while flailing arms* This is awesome! And sooooo much funnier! I soooo love the relationship we all have, it's fun! YIP YIP! From the halls of gorgeous pep house, sisters bond and share we've got spirit, pep and good taste, not to mention awesome hair! Excellent! Well here I go off to save the world! BUT I'LL BE BAAAAACK!!! Hasta la vist bola! *bow taken*:cool:

Schizophrenia and Bipolar: There is some overlap in symptoms, which is why it can sometimes be confusing. Schizophrenia is primarily a disorder of thought, bipolar is one of mood and energy.

In schizophrenia a person may see or hear things that don't really exist (hallucinations) or believe things that are not true (delusions). The person's thinking is confused, eg. he may believe that when a traffic light turns yellow it means that the police are coming to arrest him, something that doesn't make sense.

A person with bipolar will have moods that are out of keeping with the real situation, most often either elation or depression, but sometimes other emotions too, like anger for example. The moods arise and become extreme even though nothing happened to make them that way, or the moods are out of proportion to what happened. In mania, the person has high energy and is either very happy or very angry or irritated or agitated; in depression, the person has low energy and is depressed and gloomy and moves slowly. At either extreme, the person may also hallucinate and have delusions, which is possibly why people get them mixed up.

You can have both: that combination is called Schizo-Affective ('affect' is mood).

My mom told me I have Bi Polar disorder. I think she is right, but evidently it was hard for her, because no matter how much I used to bring up a conversation on the topic, she would ignore me completely as if talking to that wall over there. I am glad she has personally come to terms with this and told me what my condition is. Hey if I'm sick I'd like to be the 1st to know about it. Luna when you said they believe things that are not true what did that mean? Like everything they believe is not true or maybe they were mislead? I'm kind of confused. I never was able to get that.:) Could you give one more scenario so it'll be more clear to me?:(

Well, congratulations on being told what is going on. I have bipolar disorder too. :P

Having delusions is not the same as being misled or if someone is playing a trick on you. If you have a delusion most of what you believe is still true, but one or a few things aren't. Maybe you believe it is your mission to save every soul because you're God. Maybe you believe that if you drink milk, your insides will burn away, or that people can read your thoughts just by looking at you (they can't) or the Maltese poodle next door is really a wild wolf but is disguised so it can sneak up on you and swallow you. Stuff like that. It seems very real when you are deluded - you firmly believe it to be true, but it isn't actually true.

Say for example you're at school and there is a guy who has threatened you. It's quite rational to believe that the guy might try and harm you (he threatened to do so). Even if a teacher says to you "don't be silly, he isn't going to do anything" you know you were threatened. That is not a delusion. But if you think that the friendly and harmless girl in the corner who smiles at you and means you no harm is trying to make you die by thinking hard and concentrating her thoughts - that probably isn't true and that is deluded.

Here are two examples of delusions I had: I came home one day and found 4 bits of rubbish (garbage?) on my front lawn. I thought they were very strategically placed to mark my house for a burglary that night and I got very scared. (I'd been in bad shape that day.) Well, I wasn't burgled and when I looked again the following day, I had to admit that those bits of rubbish had probably just blown onto my lawn and didn't have any special meaning. But I firmly believed at the time that they had special significance. (I had stopped taking one of my meds which wasn't such a smart thing to do.)

The other time I became toxic on lithium (too high a dose) and I landed in hospital. I could barely walk and the nurses were shouting at me. I was convinced that I was dying. I knew my liver and kidneys had shut down (which they hadn't). I kept trying to get away to find help, but they restrained me and wouldn't listen, so I had to sit down and wait to die. Well, my brain was toxic and I needed to be in hospital but I wasn't actually dying, I believed wrong and my liver and kidneys were fine. (I realised this the following morning and stopped trying to run away. It helped that they stopped shouting at me!)

In both cases I firmly believed something that wasn't actually true.

Can you think back and see if there ever was a time when you firmly believed something but then you got proof that it wasn't true, or you realised later it's wasn't actually so?

....... OOOPS sorry! Hey Luna! Thank you once more for your help. I know that there have been times in the past when I thought people were going to harm me and they actually weren't that is the most common thing with me. I am still worried about the savages and I will always be worried. I wish I could stop, but I cannot. I don't know if stubborness is the right word for this, because it seems so much stronger than that. LIBERTY GIBIT! LOL. Anyway, I wanted to know are there any savages around you? Are you or would you be afraid of them? And do you have paranoia issues like me?:P

Born, I'm going to reply for Luna, since she can't, right now, and because it gives me an opportunity to tease her, as well. :-)

She told me that in South Africa, where she lives, internet providers charge by how much you use. So, for instance, you might buy a gigabyte of usage for the month, and when you've downloaded that much, that's it. You either have to buy more, or wait until next month.

Well, that's where she is, right now: she has run out of internet, this month. She could buy another gigabyte, but any leftover expires at the end of the month, so it doesn't make sense for her to do that.

She promised me she'd be back as soon as she can, once she gets service for next month.

For my part, I've met people who were mean to me, and I've met people who were just stupid. But the only person I've ever had to fight was my brother, when we were little, though I've come close once or twice, with other people. In other words, in my opinion, most people and most situations can be handled without violence. Now, sometimes, violins are useful, but usually not violence. :-)

That was sweet of you to step in and the smiley faces are oh so cute! The last thing you said was quite clever and adorable you are right in what you say, however there are still those who like to target individuals like me for no good reason. The only option then I guess is to defend yourself right. A pity too they have to stoop to such acts of savagery. Thank you Malign! I'll be back later!:):)

What's going on guys? Hey, so Luna can't talk huh? That's sad, she was a great person, God only knows when everyone else will come back. Malign do you know of anyone with anxiety issues? And also could you please give me an idea on a good way to relieve anxiety? I have extreme anxiety and it's going to take a little more than medication to solve this problem. What do you think?

MY ISP decided to unlock the gate yesterday as it was a new month. So I can talk again. B)

Savages are people who hunt down innocent people and attack or kill them. I have a disgust for these kinds of people they are evil and they choose not to control the evil in their hearts. Are you afraid of them? Do you know any savages?

Do you mean murderers and attackers who physically beat you up? I don't know any, but I'd be terrified of them. If you mean people who bully and taunt you, or when you're older, belittle and spread lies about you, then yes, I know some. I try to hold my head high. Sometimes I explain. If it is about me having Bipolar Disorder, I get sad but I haven't done anything wrong, I'm just a bit different so I try to ignore them. In the end your own behaviour is what speaks the loudest to others and people will believe what they see. I think people reveal themselves by their words but most of all by their behaviour. Mental illness isn't wrong, it just is and those who belittle it show themselves to be very ignorant. (This gets easier the older you get, so it's probably the hardest when you're around your age - you can look forward to getting older; there are some perks!)

Malign do you know of anyone with anxiety issues? And also could you please give me an idea on a good way to relieve anxiety? I have extreme anxiety and it's going to take a little more than medication to solve this problem. What do you think?

I'll let Malign answer for his part, but I just want to mention that this is a good question for the Anxiety room - why don't you try and ask it there and maybe some people will have some suggestions? Maybe tell them a little about who you are as there are new people around the forum who might not know you?

It's not really a "room", I just call it that - it is the Anxiety forum right here. Go to the Main Index page (above the posts you can see the heading "Mental Help Net Community", click on that and then you will see all sorts of sub-sections.)

Scroll down until you get to Anxiety and click on it, then you can see the thread titles or you can start a new one.

Time to write! Hey Luna. I checked it out and turns out I have no idea how to help anyone there, not to mention I think my anxiety problems are a little different and more complexed. I am afraid that savages will attack me if I do certain things. Anyone can be a savage at any time. You never know when someone is going to attack. I exclude friends and family like you from the "possible savage list" though, because that would be to much to handle. Also, when the demon inside of my body starts to pulse, I am afraid that he will hurt others, so that is why I restrain him and try to get others to restrain my body during the situation so that nothing happens. I have come dangerously close to this and that is another reason I am scared sometimes. I thought I needed help to control this demon, but now I know I need to take action. Sometimes I feel that I need to be tied or chained up so that my body will not hurt others. Are you familiar with this Luna?

Archived