Mental Support Community

Reputation points

David O

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that you're hanging out with an obnoxious basset is enough to simply get you that raise and skipping the points!!!!! Now, here's the rub... is this a dog or is this you taking a "bassett" which is someone who is always in "all sorts of trouble". According to the Urban Dictionary, a bassett is:...

...more than just a word, it's a way of life! Invented in The Medway Towns in 1999, this word has spread like wildfire throughout the country.

"Oh shit, I'm in Bassetts"!

"That bloke is in a shit-load of Bassetts"!

"Ah, he's a Bassetts man"!

(i.e. he's a man that is continuously in all sorts of trouble).

So, which is it??

I can see this thread has gone awry quickly (thanks primarily to me)--- to put it back on track let me re-emphasize the original point, which I believe is important:

My suggestion, for those who receive valuable/useful/truly meaningful insight, support, wisdom, compassion and understanding from someone's post, is that you give that person a point of recognition and appreciation. Points are like warm and welcoming handshakes-- one can never have too many.

Gracias all,

David

Hi catsirish,

Members give each other rep points for many possitive reasons. Im sorry you feel that your rep points stopped once you shared your illness with us here, I can assure you that is not the reason just co-incidence. If that was the case I'd be on like -80000 rep points by now :) (Im forever talking about me and my illness :))

I guess we all forget rep points, and often just say thankyou on the boards, I will try and remember to use the rep button more often, especially as now I have come to realise how important it is to everyone :)

Take care

Sue

I got a red one for minus recently, but won't take it to heart too much. Maybe someone was feeling angry for one reason or another, I don't know. I think I got a few freebies last week anyhow.

Keep posting your thoughts, Catsirish. Sweetsue is right. Coincidence.

My understanding is that you're free at 6 or above, but the new person may have to log out and in again to have it take effect. At least that's my observation ... This often means someone gives them another point before they try it. But 'Mark' is the only real authority on the subject.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have no idea.

But hey, you're welcome to bump mine up any time. :(

Edit: just had a thought. Maybe it's your post count? Newbie (for however long that is:confused:) points don't seem to add to the rep, members add one point and perhaps old-timers are two?

Your frequent flyer mileage may vary. :-P

My personal theory is that people above a certain reputation threshold give more reputation points, but it could be the moderator status, too.

I love how IrmaJean assumes she's doing something wrong ...

Archived