Mental Support Community

Irreverent banter :)

Luna-

It's your twisted mind, you malign man! ;) I didn't mean it in that sense - but then this thread seems to be picking up innuendo everywhere... ;) Here in SA we call it 'mooning' or 'brown-eyeing', anyway. {wink}

Gah!!! Don't tell me the worm is actually ALIVE!! :eek: Can't be. I've never seen one of those bottles with a worm, I still think it smacks of a sick sense of.... something... :)

{breathing a sigh of relief as the camera twists towards TMI-malign... wink}

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just say, the worm is alive only briefly. ;-)

It's supposed to add to the tequila's ... intoxicating qualities.

There's not a camera made whose lens wouldn't shatter!

{Okay, that might be a bit over the top for a guy who has a picture in his profile. But then, I think webcams tend to have plastic lenses ...}

I must admit, in all my 48 years, I have never drunk tequila. I'm led to believe it's not about the taste, but about its... intoxicating qualities.

IMHO the worm supposedly adding to the intoxication is probably just placebo effect. ;) It sounds as if it's intoxicating enough all by itself... the worm is probably just to add a talking point to generally inane drunken chit-chat. ;)

OK... I must confess that aside from having no famine underwear (any decent partner will clean those out on day 1 Mark) and lacking the necessary equipment to beam information "out my butt", I have tried the worm (what did you expect me to say being from Mexico and all-- it's like a Moroccan never having eaten Klea with Black peas or Kefta and egg Tagine) and it's just one very tequila tasting critter that feels a little spongey. But then again, I've eaten some delicacies few folks here have tried (tarantula, rat, monkey, llama fetus, dog, and......well, some unmentionables) and would likely not enjoy.

And I just can't pass up these gems:

LUNA>> Luna falls off her chair laughing... You guys are too much!! I'll reply later, I'm laughing so hard, I have to go get coffee and rest my cheek muscles!
Which cheeks were you referring to since we've been on this delicate subject of late?????

Symora>> I've never known anything but having <two tongues>, so to me they are interchangeable.
I....I....I'm not really sure how to respond to this. How about: I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. Zsa Zsa Gabor

Mscat>> I must confess I do have a tattoo on my neck which reads "loco chica "

Go back... it's all wrong!! It should read Chica Loca not Loco Chica! Get a refund while it's fresh!:eek:

SweetSue>> My ambition in life is to work at Cadburys' ..... as a taster
I dream of being a Wal-Mart greeter!;)

Yours truly, el bello,

David

LOL, I haven't had a belly laugh like that in a long time !! ;) I plead innocence on the <two tongues> thing because of the language barrier!

The most unusual food story I have heard was from my buddy who visited Cameroon in West Africa. He was taking a drive in the countryside with a driver and bodyguard and they stopped at a roadside stand. When they got back to the car my buddy could only see a baggy with a stick in it and could not figure out what they had bought. He found out when they started putting handfuls of termites into their mouth, alive! :eek: Now the worm is starting to look pretty good isn't it...;)

I would think that having two tongues would be a bit of a language barrier ...

I've been wondering, ever since I read this, why you emphasized the "alive" part? I can't see how killing the termites first would have improved the experience. :-)

But there are lots of places in the world where they eat various insects. Good source of protein, I understand. Oh, and the tequila "worm"? It's really an insect larva.

I've never had the experience of tequila having hallucinogenic qualities with or without the worm but I did have some wicked absinth in Bulgaria a few years ago that produced some beautiful green and purple auras :)

ah.....the good old days :)

that would be an interesting career move. Too bad they don't sell the real stuff in America :)

Malign.... yeah....I have so few brain cells left. I'ts a wonder I have coherent thoughts...um....well....ever :) But at least I liked the colors....they were pretty :) Do you think the purple was my evening and weekend "common sense" brain cells fading away? I do pretty well 8-5 Mon-Fri but outside of that...pretty much anything goes.

Mmm, I'm not sure that there are time-of-day-dependent brain cells, as much as there are taking-care-of-me vs. taking-care-of-others brain cells. And even then, I suspect that what's involved is not so much cell death as a prioritization of the ones that survive.

And I guess if you have to go, giving your fellow brain cells a beautiful color to experience is a neat way to be remembered.

HHhmmmmmm, brain cells... aren't those that useless matter that is better replaced with helium, methane or nitrogen gas. I sort of, occasionally remember killing a few when I drank Tequila guzano or was it a Peyote/Mescaline button.

Those colors we see... that's just us passing gas (you know how babies smile when they pass gas or poop- well, it's sorta like that)!

Well, this post was a gas to write.

Methanely speaking,

David

Being this inflated, David - some may say you're an airhead.... ;)

Never had tequila, have heard of a maguerita but never tasted one, nor do I know what's in it. Nor a daiquiri. This is not too say, however, that I have not done my share of brain cell obliteration in my misspent youth. My tastes just ran to wine and beer. :D

I still have lots of brain cells left! It's just ... that the connections between them are a little tenuous. I might have lost a few screws somewhere. Oh, and by the way, has anyone seen my marbles? :D

What do you call a blonde with two brain cells?

Pregnant.

You didn't do anything wrong, Beth.

I had, quite seriously, had too much coffee by that time, and it was beginning to show in my responses.

I'll send you an autographed copy of my first book, though. ;-)

Among other things, I was trying to decide whether to tease Luna that she looks blonde in her picture. :-)

David, did that mean that your early experiences were like the blind leading the blind?

Danni, if you don't like Bugs, does that mean you're an Elmer Fudd kinda girl?

Archived