Mental Support Community

Weekend get-together

Luna-

The cat is a ginger moggy. My other cat is a patchwork moggy: ginger/tabby/tortoiseshell/white. Very mixed parentage! A few months ago they took fright of the house and moved to live outside and would only come in to eat. :) I have missed my kitties terribly. To have one come and lie in my lap was very, very special - that's why I didn't want to move from the computer. :D

Thanks, everyone, for participating in the weekend thread - if you're around, let's do it again next weekend. :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G'day Lunabelle!!!! (we've been listening to children's music this week from Australia). I have had my first week of ............. hot flashes!!!!!!!!! So I am feeling............. special :) :). I just read that vigorous hot flashes can lower your chance of breast cancer, so I have decided that this will all be ok. Or so I think today. It has certainly put me in my body!!!:cool:

Lol, finding. :) You could always go and jump in the snow? I haven't had those yet, but I get the vigorous night sweats; I wake up soaked and thirsty! :) What fun. <poker-faced smilie we don't have>

I watched a great mindfulness video on You tube. It is a guided meditation led by Jon Kabat-Zinn. Linda gave me the link, go look in my 'Wellness is hard work' thread if you're interested. I liked it.

Sometimes I think that's what happens to me when I have these little meltdowns. Only since I'm an emotional type I feel them in my emotions. I get these lonely waves of missing everyone, worrying and doubting myself and there went all of my blogs yesterday...:)

Sigh. A new day. More snow. :)

I am ... awake. Don't ask for more: it's the weekend. ;-)

Actually, once I get moving, I have to see if I can get someone to either start my car or tow it.

But right now, I'm waiting until I feel like it.

The days of throwing things? ;-)

I'm going to have to duck when 'finding' reads this response, that's for sure ...

Meh, life is full of changes. I'm trying to get to the point that I feel like it wouldn't be life without them.

ok...waking up, ugh. Gotta get mom up,bathed and then breakfast...gonna throw a stew in the slow cooker and call it good. Would rather just lay around and not do anything. oh and then theres the laundry, there is always laundry.

Rather sit out in the sun,,looks like we are going to have another one of those spring like days here.

Hey everyone,

Happy Weekend to all. Hope everyone is having a great one. I am enjoying the company of a great friend and a good snowfall from last night. Supposed to go to a birthday party for a 6 year old tomarrow, but not sure if it is going to happen due to the snow. Waiting for the test results from my MRI from yesterday, will get them on Monday, hoping they found something, but hoping they didn't. Also going to do another round of EMDR Monday morning, so I will see how I am holding up at that point.

That is my update for today,

And one more thought GO PACKERS!! Glad to see we have fans of both on here.

not on any fence ken... Steelers all the way! Pretty snow fall right now... it will look beautiful on top of the 120 + we already have,... UGGGHHHHH.

basketball games with boys, shopping errand with daughter trying to make myself engage with friends, fighting urge to drink away my anxiety today...not succeeding right now.

I'm fine, finding, I just had a hormonal moment. :o Sometimes I think being out of my shell just becomes overwhelming. I have to grow into this new skin...

Geez, I go to work for a few hours and we're throwing stuff at one another? Should I be ducking? :P

Mary, I think it's great for you to be engaging with others. I agree that we've had too much snow! I throw it up on the pile and it comes back down...

Flander, car problems suck, don't they?

Which team is the underdog?

I'm eating out of the box lasagna. I'm a lousy cook. :rolleyes:

Nice to "see" everyone. :)

Quack!

{Actually, I wasn't worried: 'finding' has a great arm, but her aim is off. I'm over he*smack* ...}

Yesterday, when I finally got busy, things got done: car towed, rental arranged until I find out what's wrong and how much it'll cost, then groceries and a visit to my Dad. So, I'm actually caught up.

So, now, what's all this fuss about a Super Bowl? Someone designed a better toilet? ;-)

{Ken, you're going to have to explain about the art works ... why are they particularly appropriate? I majored in Art Ignorance ...}

Archived