Mental Support Community

What is going on in your world...

JustTrying

:confused:

HI THERE EVERYONE

HOPE YOUR ALL OK, WELL AS OK AS YOU CAN BE.

THANKS FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND YOUR KIND WORDS CATHY THEY MEAN A LOT.:)

I have had a mixture of a day , actualy a hell of a day, but im trying to keep going, at the moment im working on a wierd theory, that if you smile for long enough, eventualy you will see what there is to smile about. Kinda struggling with that one at mo.

Still had no sleep, its driving me insane:eek:

I feel like a comatozed zombie, dont know if that makes sense to anyone , but hey i know what i mean, kinda !!!

Been moved to a different ward now, which has freaked me out, quite a lot. I was quite settled in my old room. Convinced myself there just being mean for the sake of it. Ok so me being me might also have a little something to do with there decision, but still think there mean.:)

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A BETTER DAY THAN MINE, IF NOT JOIN THE CLUB

TAKE CARE

Jj

Jj, I hope things become easier for you. No idea why you were moved to a different ward. IMO, your a very, nice person . Gosh I really want things better for you. Some positives , and nice things just for you. If I could I'd be sending you chocolate, and roses . Just because I want you to be happy and feel cared about .

Today, in my world, it is a sad day. Don't know why I feel emotional. Worried about my child's health. Worried that finances are low, worried about the speeding ticket, the supeanea , my sons in depth evaluation from Dr's at the regional center>

Concerned that I won't keep it together and SI really badly > Even though it has not been an issue for a while, the build up is there within. Today is just sadness. Took my meds too, and still sad . It might just be a crappy ass day , tomorrow hopefully the worries will be less intense.

HI EVERYBODY:)

WELL WHAT DO I SAY ABOUT YESTERDAY,

NOTHING POSSITIVE THERE SO, IM JUST GONNA ERASE IT FROM ALL EXISTANCE.

COZ TODAY , WELL TODAY I WANT TO BE HAPPY.

I NEED TO BE HAPPY TODAY, HAD TOO MANY SAD DAYS, IM SURE IF I JUST LOOK HARD ENOUGH, I WILL FIND WHAT IM LOOKING FOR. AND IF NOT IM JUST GONNA HAVE TO KEEP SEARCHING TILL I HAPPILY GET WHERE I NEED TO BE. (sorry if that dosnt make sense to you) :o

Cathy i do hope you find the strength , courage and determination to win your battle, and that your son is ok soon. My heart and thoughts are with both of you, and wish that things work out soon for you both.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE

Jj

GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYONE , OR I SUPPOSE IT COULD STILL BE MORNING WHERE YOU ARE, SO I GUESS GOOD MORNING ASWELL.

HI THERE.

IM NOT SURE WHERE TO BEGIN REALY, IN MANY WAYS THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS HAVE BEEN HORRENDOUS, AND WELL QUITE HONESTLY MY MORNING HAS BEEN NO DIFFERENT. SO HOWS THAT SAYING GO "IGNORANCE IS BLISS" , THINK THATS WHAT I WILL BE WORKING ON TODAY. KINDA EASIER FOR ME THAT WAY, COZ THE WAY IM FEELING RIGHT NOW, THATS JUST GONNA HAVE TO BE THAT WAY. SO I AM JUST GOING TO TRY AND FORGET ABOUT IT ALL.

ON THE PLUS SIDE THOUGH, I AM A BIT HAPPIER IN MY NEW SURROUNDINGS, AND AT LEAST THE STAFF HERE REALISE HOW I AM AT THE MOMENT AND ARE TRYING TO GIVE ME THE SPACE THAT I NEED. WELL AS MUCH SPACE AS ANY ONE CAN BE GIVEN WHILST ON OBBS.

IM JUST TRYING TO KEEP FOCUSED ON MY DREAM,(MY FAIRY TALE) WORKING HARD ON MY THERAPIES, AND TRYING TO DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO GET MYSELF WELL ENOUGH , SO THAT I CAN GET OUT OF HERE. I GUESS IF I CAN DO ALL THAT, AND OCCASIONALY HAVE A SMILE ON MY FACE. THEN WELL MAYBE , JUST MAYBE, THINGS WONT BE SO BAD AFTER ALL.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE

Jj

:):o:cool::D

Jj,

Always try and keep the focus alive , and your goals ready to achieve. Soon you will be out of the Hospital, and be moving on to better days :D glad that it is a little better for you in the new place, and their is respect for you and your feelings.

Today, I slept in> I could not seleep well last night again, but thats ok. Being up until all hrs , gives me an excuse not to wake up , to start anther day .

I played bartender for my neighbors last night. Their the kind of people who only talk to me if they want something. She wanted a drink, guess who provided the hard liquor and mixed them? You got it, at least I did get a some help carrying the groceries upstairs .They are nice , only when they want something. Always strings attatched with people, isn't it? That's fine, I hope I really got them hammered ! I did not drink hardly nothing, it has been making my ulers act up badly!

It is already nearly 2pm here in hot & humid CA. Nearly 100' again, but feels hotter today. I am tired of this heat! Can't wait until cooler weather. I've noticed that a trend starts in , cooler weather , long sleeves , hides SI nicely!

We ought to have cold weather , and lots of fog here this year. :cool: Not much happening Saturday . Taking it easy, drinking my expresso , Trying not to go outdoors .

Mscat

HEY THERE EVERYONE

WHATS GOING IN MY WORLD TODAY, JEEZ WHAT ISNT

BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT, I DONT CARE ABOUT WHATS GOING ON IN MY LIFE.

INSTEAD I WANT AND FEEL A NEED TO TELL EVERY EACH ONE OF YOU SOME OF THE THINGS I HAVE LEARNT RECENTLY.

OK BEAR WITH ME COZ THIS MAY COME OUT A BIT WRONG, ITS ALWAYS THE SAME WITH ME, WHEN ITS SOMETHING THAT HOLDS EMOTION I GET THINGS MIXED UP A BIT, BUT HOPEFULY IF I GET THINGS A LITTLE MUDDLED YOU GUYS WILL BE ABLE TO GET THE GIST OF WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY.

RECENTLY I LEARNT, SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT, A TRUE MEANING OF FAMILY, NOT THE FAMILY THAT WE ARE BORN TO, A DIFFERENT FAMILY, ONE WE MAY NOT NECESSARILY OF CHOSEN, BUT FOR SOME REASON WE ALL MET AND THEN JUST KINDA BECAME FAMILY.

TODAY I HAVE ALSO BEGUN THE LEARNING PROCESS OF BEING ABLE TO TRUST. THIS MAY NOT SEEM A VERY BIG THING TO SOME PEOPLE, BUT TO ME IT A MILE STONE IN MY LIFE.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO PLEASANTLY SUPPRIZED AT HOW EVERYONE HERE IN THIS COMMUNITY CAN REALY PULL TOGETHER, WHEN TIMES CALL FOR IT.

IN MANY WAYS OVER THE PAST FEW WEEKS, I HAVE SEEN EVIDENCE OF HOW EVERYONE HERE REALY CARES ABOUT EACH OTHER, NOT BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO BUT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO.

IT MAKES ME SO VERY PROUD TO BE PART OF THIS COMMUNITY. ITS THE LITTLE THINGS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU DO THAT MAKES IT SO SPECIAL MAKES ME PROUD TO CALL YOU MY FRIENDS, TO CALL YOU

FAMILY

I GUESS TODAY IM IN A SENTIMENTAL MOOD BUT HEY HUM

TAKE CARE ALL OF YOU

SUE

:(:(:):)

You are sooooo welcome here in our family Jj:). Thanks for being the amazing support to people that you are!!!! Better days are coming. Heck, even today is a little more bearable when you have friends;) We come here because we need to connect with others that have experienced our level of pain. If we can help someone else in that pain, we can feel helped too sometimes. It gives us strength.... Cheers today, Jj!!

omg, last night we actually got a little rain! a very big deal where I live. It has been so hot , and unbearable here in CA. The summer has dragged on forever this year. In the upper 90's and 100' degrees over. Yuck! Can't wait until the fall weather !

I have not been sleeping well . My son missed school again today .I should of just stayed up those few hours to make sure he got on the bus! He leaves at 6:15am everyday and not home until 4:30pm. My son has been ill , so I kept him home a couple days last week. He had medical tests run on him, we had a big scare on Wed. with his health.

He is developmentally delayed too. And in SDC class out of town. He is already 16, and a sophmore. My boy he is getting to be nearly a young man. I can't beleive i've raised this precious child on my own since the day he was born. Where has the time gone?

Time, something nobody has control over. It slips away before we know it, even when time seems to stand still is is forever moving, and passing by quickly.

Can time really heal broken dreams, hearts, emptiness, sadness, and change us into better , stronger, healthier people?

I ask this more to myself. Because , I am Still struggling with same mental health problems , even worse have more of them now. Times really heals? The person heals? HOW? how do I escape myself? or at least be able to accept all these things that makes me? "shaking head" no. Time ages us. ADults , brings on more wrinkles, gray hair, and as we watch our loved ones , our precious children growing up , for me, i still feel stuck in the same old rut .

Good afternoon ya'll......

I thought I had problems until I came here and read all the posts! :)

It pains me but also makes me feel good that I can come to this site and see that I am not the only one suffering,..... Makes me feel not so alone. I am not the only person in this world that feels depressed or feels like doing things that I should not do or struggles with one addiction or another.

I am sorta on a self imposed lock down this week. I am trying my best not to drink and to take my medication. This means that there are just some people I cannot talk to, because they are major enablers. I am without transportation, which is ok because I have no license. My husband and I had a big fight about that last week and I swear ( this sounds bad) but if I did not need him to pay the bills I would have told him to leave and stay gone.

He uses money to control me.... every time I wanted to get a job, he talked me out of it. Now I can't work. I am signing back up for disability and I will get a lawyer this time. It will be a step towards Independence for me. I love him, I just want him to quit controlling me and treating me as a child,..... DO NOT EVER... marry someone much older.... the dynamics never change. They think you are always a child even when you are pretty much middle aged!:)

It is getting near the "witching" hour.... normally I start drinking around this time and it is taking all my strength to not make that phone call and have some delivered.

My therapist agreed with me about my husband. We do love each other but he tends to trigger my Bipolar. I don't think subconsciously that he wants me to get better. And the way I deal with stress is to get drunk so that I don't care.

My therapist wants me to go to inpatient rehab.... I am thinking about it... Only thing is I can't pay for it and If I go the indigent route it will be a 3 month waiting period. Who knows what will happen in 3 months. To pay for it will run $945.00... I told my husband and he didn't say anything. I know he can get the money from his boss , but I bet he doesn't try. It is 45- 60 days....

The idea of being out of my home and away from my dogs for that long scares me... After all the world can't revolve without me:D!

Well... just keep me in your thoughts...

JT

Hey Jt, the rehab your therapist wants you to go to is it for the drinking? Won't any medical insurance cover this amount ? Out of pocket expenses are a killer.

I agree with you , to go back on disability income . Is this SSI or SSDI? Shoot , in the U.S , right? If you can support yourself on that amount of income, go for it, especially if your husban is enabling you to stay addicted and depressed :( however, this is only a decision that you can make . I suck at relationships, and never been married. SO I'll shutup now about advice giving.

Your dogs, I can understand that! My dogs are my girls, a part of the family, and YES it is difficult to not have them with you. They are great theaputic resourses ! I know how u feel .

My brother has a drinking problem, he is the happiest and nicest person when he has a beer and thensome! He also is a diabetic type2, which is dangerous for him to have the drinking issue.

He does not get the Si I engage in at times, however, his drinking habits are as bad as my SI , at times. Makes me pissed off that he can't realise that he is hurting himself just as much as I do with Self inflicted injury >

Anyhow, I hope things get better for u !

Whats going on in my world today? I don't feel well. Have a cold, and my head is a fuzzy today. I ran out of my meds, and have to pick up new refills. My Pdoc placed me on more meds, and increased one of them. Finally, I have help, my brother is picking the meds up at the pharmacy, I took 4 anxiety pills , last night, cause of the meds I normally take with that, were gone, 4 pills is twice as many as I should of , probably why my head is cloudy today. I just could not sleep , and needed to relax enough to do that. SO after 3am I did take em . Well, my son missed school cause of that, could not wake up , but he is in a SDC class out of town, not too much of a huge problem if he missess school. It is just anther thing to feel guilty over!

trying to have a low key day. Hoping my meds will be ready and I'll be on them again tonight.

Having money problems too, which is a huge downer, but holding my head above water barely!

mscat

HI EVERYONE,

WELL WHAT A WEEK !!! MY WEEK HAS BEEN ....... VERY COLOURFUL,

FILLED WITH PLENTY OF ERM ......... COLOUR.

DEEP INDIGO, CHARCOAL GREY, CINNOMEN, POPPY RED AND BLACK, DARKEST BLACK.

THINGS ARE ALL A BIT HARSH, I AM TRYING, STRUGLING TO KEEP MOVING FORWARD, BUT I AM GETTING THERE, SLOWLY, EVEN IF I DO TAKE A FEW WRONG TURNS HERE AND THERE, AND SOMETIMES I SCREECH TO A HALT. BUT IM STILL SLOWLY MOVING, NOT TOO SURE IF ITS ALWAYS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, BUT MOVING, SO I GUESSS THATS .... PROGRESS.

JUST GOT TO REALISE A WAY TO KEEP A SMILE ON MY FACE FOR MORE THAN A SECOND, THEN MAYBE THINGS WONT SEEM SO BAD.

HOPE YOU ALL OK

TAKE CARE

Jj

:);):P:o

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Everyone,

This morning I had a letter, ok it dosnt sound like much, but it was my first letter in weeks !!!

Today I recieved a letter from my children, and although I now have tears streaming, like Niagra Falls, I'm kinda H A P P Y !!!

My five year old daughter, wrote me as only five year olds can, Hi Ya moma, Hope your head gets better soon. Then drew this picture underneath of me (I think !!!). stood next to a house, and tree, the biggest sun ever, a lovely blue sky, with this bird.... kinda flying (it has no wings, go figure). Standing next to me are four blobs with heads, i guess thats my kids.

My little girl has become quite a little artist, and I am ever so proud of her.

I'm very proud of all my babies. They are my inspiration.

Anyway, thats my news for today, I just had to tell you all coz well, to me it is one of the most wonderful, things that has happened to me this past few months.

Take care, ok

Jj

Sue,

that is so adorable :) Your daughter sounds precious . She loves you so much , and to draw you a picture just for you. That came from the heart, I would cherish this picture .

My son , when very young, also drew . He drew pictures with so much color and expression. I still have them. He became really good at art . It is so much fun to watch what intrests are little ones have, and then to see how the art becomes more and more expressive. How lucky you are .

Thank you Sue for the Awesom PM !!! :o You remembered, LOL. Gosh I rather forget about my Birthday, heck After 40 why even bother counting anther yr . ? I feel as old as dirt. 41 today, and for a whole yr. Golly gee , I am aging, fast, and then their is my son, nearly a man. WOW , that blows me away completely.

I bought a beautiful new TV . A 60' dlp , I am waiting patiently for it to be delivered . this is my BD present .

Soooooo, I am excited to have a new TV. what else is going on in my world? I have to pay my bills, then see where I am financially, + I am thinking of going out of town , to a huge blowout sale . Thinking about it! My son needs more school clothes , and I love to shopsales.

Hopefuly my bro can come with us.

Thanks again for the the sweet happy birthday message. I smiled because of your thoughtfullness, BTW your the first one to wish me Happy birthday today. thank u :D

Hey Cathy,

Happy 41st Birthday

Did not remember how old you were going to be......ooops

Guess im old too, coz well lets face it im only a few years younger than you !!!

I hope that you have a wonderful afternoon and evening .

sending you a birthday wish, and hope that it is a good one, filled with plenty of smiles

Take care

Your friend

sue

Oh know... you even know how oLLLLLDDDD I am :)

:o thanks you Sue !

Going out today, and shopppping. Mainly for my son's needs. He needs some new school clothes. Lucky kid, u know the kids always come first .

LOL . I did get the TV delivered, it is huge, and very nice. So worth it. :D

Bless the little children!!! I just love kids if they are not Brats!!! :)

Let's see, what have I been up to? Mostly cleaning up after these dogs, cause it has been raining and the poor little things think they will melt if they go outside!!!

My therapist and I decided to put rehab on hold for now. I convinced her that I was doing well... It was so easy to fool her. I thought she would be better at that than this..... I told her I only drank a few. and she bought it. She obviously doesn't know Addicts very well. That is what we do is lie... I have to convince her that I am doing well so that I can get my license back in 1 year instead of 2. I wasn't going to lie to her but she kept pushing Rehab and I just do not want to go.... I listened to some of them the other day when I went to therapy and they were talking about getting in touch with their feelings and all that babble.... that is just not me.

Here is a poem I ran across the other day......

What Addicts Do

I am an addict and this is what addicts do. You cannot nor will not change my behavior. You cannot make me treat you any better, let alone with any respect. All I care about, all I think about, is my needs and how to go about fulfilling them. You are a tool to me, something to use. When I say I love you, I am lying through my teeth, because it is impossible for someone in active addiction to love. I wouldn't be using if I loved myself, and since I don't I can't love you.

My feelings are so pushed down and numbed by my drugs that I could be considered a sociopath. I have no empathy for you or anyone else. It doesn't faze me that I hurt you, leave you hungry, lie to you, cheat on you and steal from you.

My behavior cannot and will not change until I make the decesion to stop using/ drinking and then follow it up with a plan of action.

And until I make that decision, I will hurt you again and again and again.

Stop beig surprised.

I am an addict and that's what addicts do.

Anonymous

That poem so much expressses where I am right now. I have done things I would never do just to get some beer. I have hurt myself over and over again. And most people are just a tool to get what I want or need. They think I love them or care about them.... but it is to get my next drink, or something to eat.... or something else I want or need in order to keep my life the way it is.

I am a great manipulator..... and I hate being this way. I wish I could have feelings of love or klindness.... but like in the poem, I do not love myself, so how can I love and respect any one else?

I am a beautiful, well educated , young lady.... but when I get on the booze... I turn into this wild eyed monster. I use my looks and intelligence to get what I want.In the past when things got too rough... I would cut or take an overdose in order to manipulate things back around my way. I use my illness to manipulate.

I have tried all the "programs" and they do not work for me. Perhaps because I cannot or will not be honest with myself. I feel sorta bad about fooling the therapist, but I had to to fulfill my needs.

I suppose life will take it course and I will end up where I end up.

JT

• 2 weeks later...

hey there,

Whats going on in my world, not a great deal really. just the same old, same old.

Start of yet another week, mmm, not overly pleased about that, been sulking for a few days now, must admit at times I enjoyed it (the sulk that is). Monday today though, time for me to try and stop wollowing in self pity. Ok. so Im probably still gonna be in a sulk, but I have to try and get back on track, back into some kind of routine again, I have been so lazy, I have done next to nothing this weekend,, and spent it in bed.

So my brilliant plan of action this week, to get me back on my road to recovery, is to , well get out of bed !!!

Any how, hope you guys are all as ok, as poss

take care

Jj

Edited by SweetSue
coz i still cant spell !!!!

Hello!

Hubs has been home for a few days... almost 2 weeks on and off. The thought of beer crossed my mind and my tastebuds often, but I do not drink around him.

Suppose to goto therapy today but I don't have a ride. Got All the required "classes" done for the DUI so Hubs is trying to get back to his life.

He bought me a Harley Sportster (883)yesterday. It is black with Green pearls in the paint and has skulls on it!!! Just 10 more months until I can ride it!!! But he got it for 1/2 ofwhat it is worth.... he bought me a Beul last week, but it was a yuppie bike and I didn't like it... he sold it for a profit.

Waiting for the man to call about getting sattelite internet.... that will be so nice if it works way out here in the woods!!!!

I am just not going to worryabout the drinking anymore.... I am sooooo tired of all that junk. I amjust going to l,ive my life.... Actaully thinking about not drinking, makes me want to drink.

I am sooo much like a child in that manner.... always want to do what I am not supposse to do.

I feel I just need to learn to accept me as I am and to go from there.

The weather has turned nippy and I have most of the dogs out. They have 3 heat lamps on the porch and plenty of blankets if they get cold ( closed in porch.)

Life is good!!!!!

JT

Ok PEEPS! Nothing going on in your worlds?????

I am the PROUD owner now of not 1 but 2 Harley 883 Sportsters... Don't know how to put up pics or I would!!! Called this morning about the Insurance... Only $200.00 a year for both bikes....

Emailed my Therapist this morning and told her the news about not being able to come to sessions... am waiting on her reply... I guess I will have to call a friend because I need those sesions... we are just imbarking on things... like writing my life story, which I will mail to her... but I left some stuff out becaue it could incriminate others and I didn't want it in writing.... I think the plan is for her to read it, us discuss it and then to burn it to release me in a sense from the past. Like I did with that letter to my EX... I wrote him a nasty letter and then reread it and burned it... It would have done no good to send it to him.

OHHHHH me thinks me found the picture button!!!

Ain't they pretty!!!!

Other than that I guess things are just going.... I won't be able to start my business the way I wanted... but I can still start it .. will take allot more time, but hey I have plenty of time If I am not drinking.

I am having an issue ..... People following me around on the computer... not that I really mind, but then they want to talk about me. Talk to me not about me.... I will not let it change the way I post though... I need this site and others ... sometimes the computer is the only contact Ihave with people and I am NOT going to give that up... If people don't like or trust me wellllllll so be it!!!!!:)

Paula....haven't heard from you in a while.... How are things going????

Hugs to all, JT

post-776-13388650065192_thumb.jpg

Hey JT,

cool bikes !!!!:cool:

You Know I think people here do like and trust you..:)

Well tons going on in my world (for once)

I dischaarged myself from prison (hospital) on saturday.

And they let me (Im still in shock !!!)....:eek:

So now Im at HOME (yay), although I must admit, its kinda difficult. Not used to it anymore, I guess 3 months is a long time, and with no kiddy winks here, the house is more like just a building. Adjustment time for me again, I guess.

Still battleing away, to get custody of my babies back, THIS WILL HAPPEN, coz well, Im never giving up on them...:)

My week is kinda hectic to say the least, find out tomorrow, when or if my visitations to the children can start, meet with my old solicitor in the afternoon (yep, she kinda dont know Im getting shot of her yet....ooops). Really looking forward to saying goodbye to her, meet up with my new solicitor in the morning (yay)

Oh and im moving soon (dont ask) so I have to pack, (here I go again)

So much to do, so little time............

Oh and in amongst doing all that I have to do, what with hospital appointments, therapies and physio and the occasional court appearance. Im doing as the p/doc told me

"Im taking it easy, resting plenty, and concentrating on getting better"

(kiinda)

Take care all

Jj

Sue ,

You doing wonderful, keeping busy, fighting so hard, and making it through, I see that your spirtits are way up now that your ou tof the Hospital too. No more sad Sue . you got so much to look forward to and your goals to achieve , which you WILL accomplish !! :(

What's going on in mscat's world ? humm? WEll I am fight a cold or something to that nature. the weather keeps changing , to very nice and warm, to now cold and windy, now I can't stop sneezing , and the last couple days I just wanted to rest. Thought it was a little depression kicking in , but now, I know it was more than that.

My son has been a handful As well. At least today he is off to school. Thank god :D He is gone all day to schol sometimes that is a good thing. Being in an SDC class out of town , their is no alternative.

My young dog , I needed to try a brush last night, being a Shih Tzu she requires a lot of grooming, barely 6 months old , I did accidently hurt her, and she had to have surgery /stitches to repair a small laceration , when I tried to remove a matt last month close to her leg.

Well she did not take too kindlly to being brushed , and bit the hell out of me . Several times. Well I can take it, stupid me, I have the patience though , I figured I was not going to let her win either, I tried sweet talking to her , barely even touching the brush on her , she attacked.

DEVIL little dog. OMG , she jacked me up something terrible. even when I was not brushing her, she jumped up and bit the hell out of me. Not this a a sweet little dog. BUt bring out the brush she changes into cujo. I got bit a lot on the thrird degree burn scar areas I did not feel that area , still now I have all these cut marks everwhere, than she got me on my other arm. that one hurt the worst .

Next time she is going to the GROOMERs. LOL . and I do have a groomer that I trust. naughty little shih tzu :eek:

Guest GingerSnap

I am still convinced my husband is down deep hopelessly "evil". My older son, who works planning war strategy in Afghanistan is feeling hopeless because of what the UN is doing and is very distraught that the US will pull out and leave these people, ones he has come to know well, to be devoured by the Taliban and he has sent me documents and information which now, I am trying to figure out who I can direct them to and ask them to please help. My younger son has entered his "winter phase" which means he is grumpy because 99.9% of the days here are endless gloom as far as weather goes. I'm working on Christmas gifts, crocheting mostly and going to try to make a really neat cloth doll. I'm going to make some homemade bread and get it in the freezer to go with winter soups and stews. I spend a fair amount of time cooking/baking. I'm looking for another dog, have one - a lazy, sleepy one but would like one that would be more interactive and maybe keep her away too. I going to be doing a lot of research for relocation in the spring. I am just so darn glad that I don't have to mow the grass anymore (twice a week for like 4 months and big yard) that despite those with the issues around me, I am just who I have always been and I am not going down into the dark hole with them - might throw them a rope but if they choose not to grab on....I'm not going down there with them. Christmas is around the corner and the trick or treaters out tomorrow night!:)

• 3 weeks later...

I am fairly convinced that my seven year old has H1N1. :( She had one vaccination and was supposed to have her other one today. I'm guessing we're too late... I plan on getting all of my errands for the week done today when my husband gets home from work, just in case I'm next with this flu. Anyone else here had it?