Mental Support Community

What is going on in your world...

JustTrying

OOOOhhhh Mcat,

sorry for your cat struggles (I'm just getting here, late as usual),

the police report should have all the information, their names and all. Get that and your insurance should have all their details too. I hope it gets cleared-up soon.

-----------------------------

sometimes when I come on line, I see words, but that is all. This depression has my mind so confused sometimes. I've been struggling with allergies lately. I got soaked in the rain, not long ago, and I guess this is the season for sneezing. Right now I am in a lifted mood, but still don't do too much. It goes and comes.:)

And Gabby,

take care of yourself. I know how you feel with that rapid cycling. Sometimes it is moment to moment, but it passes eventually and you will get in a stable cycle for a few moments -- cherish them. I know.

Edited by musemuse

• 2 weeks later...

what's going on in my world?

YaY , I am finally going to recieve a settlement for the car wreck . :D then have a car again .... My father is looking for me , since he has good judgement in car hunting . Hopefully it won't be much longer that I won't have a car .

My therapist is getting antsy that I have missed so many sessions with him . I got to get back into therapy asap.

Friday is my son's special olyimpics . It is so neat to see this and be able to watch them run and do other activites.

Been taking my meds better , and myself . Things are good . :)

Glad that you and the others on this thread seem to be doing well...Hadn't slept myself for over 3 hrs a night in weeks and Wed morning at 1 AM I finally broke down and took two of my depression pills and slept till 6 AM this morning.... Probably shouldn't do that ..... but it worked...

Mowed the grass at the OLD house so that I can have my Yardsale and am fixing to mow the grass here... what is left to do.. just the back ... and then Hopefully will have my sale this afternoon, and tomorrow....

Been dealing with a lot of "stuff" lately. but in light of a few things that have been going on, I am not ready to post about it yet.... BUT I think I handled it very well... maybe not.... but I am not a mess anyway!!!

Wish everyone well! JT

I agree, it's nice to hear you happy ;) What sports does your son do in the Olympics?

Special Olympics day was last Friday . Their were so many people there . They had so many kids and adults who participated it was very nice to go and support these events .

My son ran the 45 meter , and 25meter ... He got second place and fourth place . They had the navy helping the kids run , and it was very close to the olympics we have , they sang , marched , and ran with a tourch during opening ceromony .

It was a hot day on Friday , and we sat and watched different age groups run for hours . Wheel chair racing too was a part of it .

Today it is actually raining ! after temps close to the 90's we have rain .

I am buying a honda Accord soon . It looks like it is in tip top shape . My father has been helping , and he has a place out in southern CA , where he bought the car, and I will pay him back as soon as the money comes in .

could not sleep last night , just excited about the car .

I got to make it to therapy this WED . and probably will have to walk . Have not seen my therapise in ages , since the car accident.

• 3 weeks later...

Well my son flunked his first driver's test today.`But it's okay...he'll try again in a few weeks. Tomorrow night we get to go to the first of several awards ceremonies before his big graduation ceremony at the end of the month. Hopefully it won't be too boring...

How can it be possible that my little toe-headed boy has grown up already? :eek:

I am now taking my first class on the very long road to maybe one day becoming a therapist, a course in Human Development. Lots of essay writing and brain straining. So far, so good. I'm enjoying it.

I have been reminded by a friend about how feeling so deeply like I do can cost much at times. I know I wouldn't want it any other way, though. I'm never sorry for any of it because the joy of good feelings always find their way through the pain. I like putting myself out there even when it hurts sometimes. Every person I meet along the path helps me grow and learn and feel. One thing I've come to understand about grief and loss... when the pain begins to ease, the caring remains...and that's a gift that can never be taken away.

I'll need lots of kleenex for Josh's graduation day.

I've cracked 1,000 posts. Yikes.

Congrats on the graduation!

Drank too much last night and blacked out again...... Man I hate that.....Had been drinking only 3 -6 per day..... but anyway today is another day.....Nice to know in my world that I can fuck up and then it is a new day and I can start over.... I guess that is probably the only thing good about being alone.

Hubs has a burr up his ass again.... nothing new there..... can't wait till September ..... I will be getting my divorce and won't have to deal with him anymore....

TT Later..JT

• 3 weeks later...

My son just took the car out for the first time by himself since getting his driver's license. I think I feel sick... (insert parental worry smilie here)

High School graduation is this Saturday. (insert pathetic sobbing because I'm getting old smilie here)

This place really needs a wider variety of emoticons for emotive types, such as myself.

:)

Hello, Smallstar. I want you to know I read your post and thanks for your emoticon support. :o My favorite color is the color pink. What about you? My daughter always gripes at me when I buy clothes for her and somehow they are very often pink. I don't even realize half the time that I'm doing it. Oops. :)

I know that "exposed" feeling when you post something and start feeling funny about it. I am happy to know more about you and so very much value what you write. You are very welcome here, your words are meaningful, and we value your presence. Thanks for sharing yourself with us, Smallstar.

I SO agree about the emoticons, IrmaJean! There are so many out there and it can't be hard to import them. Pendulum has crying, waving, laughing and a whole bunch more. Depressionforums.com has several more too. Malign, how about it, should we work out how and then petition MarkD?

HI ALL, been a while. Been trying to stay busy. My Baby Boy that I haven't seen since he was 4 found me on Face book and we have been chatting.... He just turned 23. Makes me feel wonderful that the kids still think of me after all this time!

Would like to go for a visit.

Finally got the last coat of paint on the ceiling and hoping to get someone to hang the ceiling fan soon.Next are the walls.... That is going to be fun to move all this heavy furniture.

Had a bad night Sunday and did a little cutting but not too bad.... first time in 6 months......

Go to see the therapist Next Friday the 9th and hope to get my license back at the end of August....

That's all folks! Have a good one! JT

• 2 weeks later...

just reading lots of posts on here today, going to do some cleaning, and might sit in the sun for a bit. plan to write more poems in my blog, but most of all im trying to stay out of trouble today lol ive got the all itchy feeling inside and i usually do something stupid when that feeling comes . yall have a good day

Hey all! Like Allen said .... let's just chill out!

Not much new here.... got in contact with the girls tooo!!! Only problem is the ex... but not a real problem other than it makes me want to leave my "happy" home and move back down there!!! LOL

Wish I could, but not in my nature.... I am a married woman!!!

Have had some ups and downs.... mostly up though..... I think I am doing well with no meds...... but thinking when winter or fall comes I may need an antidepressant..... I love being manic though!!!

You all be good ! Hugs JT

Hello everyone. This is my first time on this thread. It's a neat idea! I worked today, but left early due to a stress headache. Came home, took a nap, and made dinner for me and the kids. Texted with my sis in Chicago for awhile, and now I'm getting ready to write an email to my therapist. My son, who has ADHD is restless, walking back and forth behind me at this moment! I think he's ready for his night time meds. lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GingerSnap

Since the first tomato turned red, my life has been about tomatoes: tomato soup, tomato salad, tomato sauce, and I need to get the recipe book out again. I keep telling myself that this is a good thing and that next winter that homemade frozen soup will be yummy but the counter is full of tomatoes and, but it is a good thing, ultimately it will be a good thing. Such is life.

Hi everyone. I just found this thread! :)

Today I plan on taking it easy and just surf the net or watch a film or tv. I've been running around a lot lately, there are sales in all the malls. I want to buy my Eid clothes before Ramadan starts if I can. (Eid is a big holiday here, it marks the end of the month of fasting - Ramadan).

I've been tidying up my cupboards this morning, getting rid of junk. Ramadan is almost upon us and it's hard to do much then, everything is so topsy turvy it takes a while for the body to adjust to fasting and the changes in times.

A few weeks ago the temperature hit 54C! (in the shade) which is one of the highest ever recorded in this city, so I suppose I should be grateful it's only in the 40's lately! (though the humidity makes it worse) :o

My niece is asleep still. During the summer holidays people here stay up until 5 and 6 am and then sleep all day (it's 3:00pm now). I hate it when she sleeps so late I have to tiptoe around and not make any noise (cleaning my cupboards as quietly as I could wasn't easy, believe me!) and I can't watch the tv until she wakes up.:D

Anyway, hopefully she'll be up soon.:)

Take care everyone!