Mental Support Community

what now?

notmary

you reach over to you, past the gap that alienates you from you in your mind, past the beliefs that keep you bound up like ropes. You have compassion for yourself and the abuse you suffered. You connect with her. You begin to stop doing the things that continue to frighten and hurt her.

We support you, Mary. :o

I'm so sorry things are tough right now :(

• 2 weeks later...

i see you little girl and i know how afraid you are i want to help you but i am afraid... of your neediness and your pain and especially of all the memories you hold. thank you for holding them for me i am too afraid to own them. i am sorry for all that happened to you and i am sorry that i continue to fail you

Mary, you're doing such a beautiful job of listening to and expressing all of your feelings. I'm so glad that you are looking and want to comfort.

You've made such progress, Mary! I hope you know that. I'm here sitting with you. I'm listening.

Take gentle care of all of you.

• 5 weeks later...

Dear Mary, I know I haven't been around much but I wanted to let you know that I think of you often even if I don't post here.

I hope you can learn to see yourself the way others see you and realise that you are a good, kind person that has been through so much but is still standing. Be proud of that Mary and be gentle with yourself. I wish I could put my arms around you and comfort you and tell you how brave you are and how much I admire you.

Thank you for your always kind and supportive posts.

Take care, M.

Thank you for the kind words Endless. It was a pleasant surprise to see your message. I hope that you are well. I also have been absent from the site... not sure what is going on with me but things are not good. I wish that I could belive what you wrote. I am not able to see it...

Mary, i'm so sorry you don't see able to see what we see in you. I know how hard that is, since I am that way also about myself. Our own self doubt is our worst enemy, I wish I knew some magic words that could change that for both of us, but I don't. I guess we need to listen and more importantly, to believe those that tell us we are not as bad as we think we are. I know you are a good person Mary. I hope you can come to believe and see that too.

• 2 years later...