NoOneImportant

40 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your penis? (errect)

• 0-2 inches
    • 2-3 inches
    • 3-4 inches
    • 4-5 inches
    • 5+ inches (why are you here?)

Final point. Gender Identity must be relative, right? What if deep down, we're all somewhat androgynous? Why does a man feel so unwomanly? Is it because a woman looks so aesthetically alluring compared to his hairy rugged look?

Last time I checked, women need a lot of upkeep to look feminine. Isn't their feminity partly manufactured? If a woman cut her hair short, stopped removing her body hair and discontinued her love affair with makeup then do she really look that feminine?

Consequently, wouldn't men feel more feminine themselves due to a smaller relative difference? The question begs; is it social convention that forces men to feel so manly?

absolutely not! not all women need makeup to look feminine/beautiful. and certain things -like body hair- might look okay on a man, but disgusting on a woman, and i know that that would hold true for me even if i lived in the mountains, and have never been in civilization (i'd still want a silky smooth woman, with curves in all the right places, etc. etc.).

1- If you lived in the mountains, and were around hairy women without makeup, how different would you feel from them? Would they seem less feminine? More masculine? 2- If we assume that gender identity is mostly relative, wouldn't this narrow the gap between your masculinity and her feminity towards a more gender-neutral cognitive schema for both sexes?

3- Speaking abstractly, will her +1 score of feminity make you feel closer to her in your psychological makeup than the contemporary woman who probably scores a +5?

It's analogous to feeling uglier around pretty people, Weaker around strong people, shorter around tall people. It's all relative right? If the average man was shorter I'd feel tall. Ergo, if the average woman was more manly wouldn't men feel more feminine? That's just it. Social protocol dictates a woman looks waxed and shiny, so they do. It's manufacturerd though and their natural state is many-a-rung down the ladder if femininity which makes our relative difference smaller, right?

4- I know men and women are biologically and cognitively different, but I feel that gender-specific identity has been polluted and exaggerated by social protocol. I don't think we're as different as we're perceived to be.

1- yes, she'll seem less feminine, and more masculine

2- yes, it would, but slightly (i'll elaborate).

3- same as #2.

4- has skynight recruited you? :P

you're missing a key point, that a healthy woman shouldn't (biologically) have that much body/facial hair, even without grooming, whereas a man should/would. a healthy woman shouldn't have too much thinning of her hair (head), but it's natural for men.

and again, i repeat the breast, hips, butt, face, ... argument.

and don't get me started on pregnancy, breastfeeding (lactating), etc..

in short, the differences between men and women are -and should be- significant.

@Lukaz I understand. Here's one that bothers me. Is the me that I'm exploring the real me? Imagine a small cave on an island. We can explore it our entire lives but never come to know the island if we're confined to the cave.

I think, this cave is our cognitive schema and the island is our subconscious psyche. For years I thought I knew myself but instead, I mastered nothing but a manufactured set of traits.

god loves messing with us.

I don't like snakes but I think that's pretty rational. I used to get really bad social phobia and the gut wrenching anxiety but it's much better; largely down to accepting I am one of life's losers. I don't tend to feel any strong emotions, or at least not so strong that I can't keep them in check (except the anxiety of course). I think most emotions can be reinforced or dismissed through thought but things like anxiety and adrenaline do not give me time to think about my responses (lack of instinct?).

I do have values of right and wrong but they are usually very different to most other people. I see lots of 'grey areas' and try to rationalise everything.

I think you're probably correct that it's not possible to change how we think. It might be possible through long term conditioning which I imagine is inherently risky/dangerous.

you should talk to skynight.

I don't know whether to label it cerebral or instinctive but experience has shown me that when I trust that inner voice to guide me I make out better then when I try to "figure it all out" or develop some complex plan. The same inner voice trumps whatever transient emotion I happen to be experiencing.

Formal education does a great disservice in my view by conveying that knowledge is outside oneself whereas becoming a man of knowledge is to awaken to treasure of knowledge you already have.

Guest Klingsor

Formal education does a great disservice in my view by conveying that knowledge is outside oneself whereas becoming a man of knowledge is to awaken to treasure of knowledge you already have.

Victim, the profundity of that statement is without equal.