Mental Support Community

My so called life

Small

You're certainly into your cars John. Why don't you tell us about your day? Ya know, when you get the time and stuffs.

Heck Draco droning on and on about my day would kill half the folks here from sheer boredom. When I was younger I had a few crazy adventures, but mediocrity should be my middle name now. :mellow:

i'm more interested in sarah's day lol. ;)

I'm sure the lions share of her days are more interesting than mine.

Yep. My daily summary would not differ much from the others I have read. I get up, enjoy coffee, drive into work listening to satellite radio. I try to make the best of my miserable workday, learning what I can & not hating it. I get home about 11 hours after I left and have dinner and watch the idiot box, a few chores or whatever and off to bed.

I read, look at FB, exercise a bit, enjoy coffee, sometimes pig out on junk. I have a couple of friends I actually see maybe once a month. I worry about my life, my future and frankly my country. I take vitamins, run errands, go to library and once in a while a concert all by myself but see friends there most of the time. I dream about a better day where I am not so job insecure and can have real relationships.

Nope didn't know. Sounds awesome. I'm going through the series I'm on s2ep3 hehe. Mulder is awesome.

"Nobody down here except for the FBI's most unwanted!" Couldn't resist. :P

I'm not sure my days would sound super exciting either. Work, housework, walking dogs, cooking and eating, shopping, running errands, driving kids here and there, some time with the family at night, checking in here, sleep and repeat. Some days vary but this is most. I enjoy my days. We do need to do more fun things, I think. Carpe diem.

You do have more of a socially active life than I do victim so good for you. What do you guys do when you get together? I do have one friend that I see about once a month but we don't do much. Should be going on a road trip with him this week but I might pull out.

Don't feel so alone Resolute, I do like Coca Cola if that means anything, coincidentally I was going to have a glass now but felt bloated after water so thought fuck it. Have they changed the aftertaste recently? Could be me but I found it had this intoxicatingly sweet aftertaste which it seems to lack in recent memory. Weird one.

The GTA franchise is probably the only one I've really played Klingsor, and it's very addictive. Im not a gamer either but used to have gamer buddies when I played an online avatar/mmo game I believe I've mentioned. They assured me that my taste in console games were "Nooby" Because I liked the Fifas and GTAs of the world while they laboured through every rpg and fps out there. Are you trying to clock/beat it? Do you play it online?

My brother bought me a ps4 last week because he probably thinks I must be a gamer since I have zero social life. Which is fair enough. I haven't set it up yet and if I did the console would only be used for Netflix. Well I do have Fifa (soccer) 16 with it so might give that a go & probably try it online.

I'm currently on the episode where the X files have been closed down and Mulder finds himself pouting whilst doing a tax evasion gig lol. Only on season 2 so obviously this won't last lol. I actually do believe in the existence of aliens & extra terrestrial life by the way, which makes it all the more exciting to watch. To be honest though, I prefer episodes that involve people with supernatural ability.

So yeah, there was a time when I was hopelessly addicted to an online role playing game. It's a 3D client where players create avatars and essentially, live through them. From acting out elaborate stories, running Kingdoms, having families, waging wars, hanging out and cybering, there was a lot to keep players amused. A lame version of WoW basically.

I was hooked for almost 2 years (fuck me right) and played for about 8 hours a day every day. LOL! Needless to say my real life snowballed into hell whilst I climbed the ranks of this pixel eutopia and became a revered aristocratic vampire king-leader-thingy (I think I just died a little whilst typing that). I don't even like games, but this was more of a 3D chat client. Not everyone got addicted but I ran with a more serious gaming crowd so it was normal in my circle.

I lost a lot in that time and I regret it so much. I'll never get it back and ut shows the weak willed moron I really am. Just a pussy. I'm glad I'm off it now though, haven't played it with seriousness for about 5 years but I've logged on now & then to check on my old pals. Some of them have moved on whilst others still frequent the game but it's hard to allocate blame due to the addictive nature of it.

I like X files too. Glad to hear about the reunion. Not a Big Bang Theory fan at all but I know I am in the minority on that one. But except for Seinfeld and the Larry Sanders show I really don't enjoy sitcoms.

I like Big Bang Theory, but it took a few years. My h had it playing and I started to appreciate the characters. Comedies don't resonate with me the same as dramas do, though, it seems. There is no need for me to "fix" what I feel the writers didn't handle well or add to the story. X-Files is a reminder of a chapter in my life. I was in my mid to late 20's, a new wife and mom, when I watched the show in its prime. So now when I hear those 6 notes playing and see the flashlight beams, it's emotional for me. Nostalgic.

Draco, during season 2 the writers had to come up with some new storylines to conceal Gillian Anderson's (who plays Scully) pregnancy. They took that life event and ran with it...some great episodes in season 2, especially the 3 parter. Anyway...

I'm terrible at computer games, but my husband likes to play them. The kids have always enjoyed them too. They could beat me at them by the time they were 7 or 8...