Mental Support Community

whining thread

Resolute

if only portugal was eliminated i would've been completely right. :( belgium is very likely a finalist (considering its side of the table) and pretty dangerous. and ya, italy is definitely a problem. they're like leeches; if they're not eliminated in the group stage, they'll be very difficult to get rid of. it would be awesome if iceland can eliminate france as well.

Yeah I want Iceland to well, Ice France Lol. I'm conflicted though because England would use that to downplay their loss so idk. Maybe a 1-1 draw (own goal by France) and France lose on penalties? haha. What's your prediction for Germany vs Italy? 

I have always found talking sports with others to be a great ice breaker. It's something I have knowledge in so it has helped to build my confidence during new interactions over the years.

The strongest baseball teams can vary from year to year. So far this year it has not been the Yankees. The Rangers have been strong as well as the Giants and the Cubs. Boston is currently in 2nd place in their division. When I was younger during crucial moments of important games, I used to turn off the radio right before the pitch and then turn it back on a few seconds later. Off and then on. Pace the room. I relaxed a bit once my team finally won a world championship. 

I hope you both enjoy the game.

Yeah it was a tough game, and Lowe was probably just resting Gomez for the semis, when he bought him off, Idk. Stylistically speaking though,  Italy was their worst matchup. The German system has one weakness IMO, and that's possession football. The France game should be more open & fast paced, which suits Germany down to a tee. And a well done to Ozil for scoring! I'm so happy for him haha. 

On 6/23/2016 at 2:08 AM, Resolute said:

i thought it was self-explanatory lol. many people's needs are never met and some people's needs not only aren't met but can't be met either. examples of unmet needs are countless; unmet financial needs, emotional, physical, health,..... needs that can't be met, such as the need for justice, justification, guarantees, absence of pain and suffering, absence of uncertainty, and so on.

'Every night and every morn, some to misery are born

Every morn and every night some are born to sweet delight.

Some are born to sweet delight

Some are born to endless night...'

germany's chances aren't as good as they were, unfortunately. gomez is injured thru the rest of the tournament (what's left of it), khedira is out for at least one game, hummels is suspended for one game, and schweiny might also be injured. hummels and gomez are key players and their absence will certainly cost germany. the referee of the game with slovakia was an utter moron for giving hummels a card for a completely correct tackle. i did, however, approve of the refereeing of their game with italy.

i'm just reading a couple of articles about the france - germany game, and here are a couple of passages that i thought i'd share:

Germany could still start with seven of the team who humiliated Brazil 7-1 in the semi-finals of the World Cup two years ago. As England know well, the Germans enjoy few things more than turning a party into a wake. They have eliminated the hosts on nine occasions in World Cups and European Championships, six of them in the semi-finals.

Germany are Germany, the best side in Europe and indeed the world,” said the France coach, Didier Deschamps. “In this competition, although they had a scare against Italy, they’ve been in control in their games. It’ll be another great fixture but it won’t be a stroll in the park for them. We really have to go all out for it.” In defence as well as attack.

btw, do you agree that the fifa ranking system sucks?