Mental Support Community

whining thread

Resolute

55 minutes ago, Small said:

Eh. I suppose It's like marmite. I bet you didn't like the cast right? I wouldn't have either, had I not been a fan of some of their music. I was pleasantly surprised to see them have a go at this acting business. Lol. 

ya, the cast was mostly crap. there was also no clear point to the movie, and no one in it (other than the indian guy maybe) was a good guy (it's hard to root for bad guys). it was all over the place. it certainly wasn't anything like terminator or robocop lol. perhaps it was foolish of me to expect a hero robot. i'll say this tho, jackman was pretty hateable. the clip that klingsor posted wasn't in any way my favorite, but it played a significant role in making another part of the movie one of my favorites; and that part is where chappie beats the crap out of jackman, while repeatedly telling him what a bad man he is, and at the end tells him "now i forgive you"; after possibly killing him lol.

19 minutes ago, Resolute said:

(...)i'll say this tho, jackman was pretty hateable (...) it played a significant role in making another part of the movie one of my favorites; and that part is where chappie beats the crap out of jackman, while repeatedly telling him what a bad man he is, and at the end tells him "now i forgive you"; after possibly killing him lol.

Yeah, some fair points. I don't remember that much of It, but I'll stand by my Initial judgement and put It In the "yes" pile. Might watch It again IDK.  Ex Machina Is worth a watch too... ... ... Lol. It has a pretty coherent story not to mention your fav parts;  hot chicks.

Anyway, what's new with you? I haven't logged on In a while, and can't be bothered to read back so hit me with the 411.

@KlingsorWhen you mention gaining self awareness and recognizing where your vulnerabilities are and learning ways to cope and ground yourself....those are some of the very things people work on in therapy... or on your own, if that is your preference. 

It sounds as though a logical and rational approach is the best way for you to receive support. 

@Small Happy 2 year anniversary with the community. I have been here for nearly 7 years now. :o

@LaLa I'm sorry that you are feeling distressed. Does exercise or journaling help? Is there something that helps bring you feelings of inner peace? Music perhaps? Take care.

11 hours ago, Small said:

Yeah, some fair points. I don't remember that much of It, but I'll stand by my Initial judgement and put It In the "yes" pile. Might watch It again IDK.  Ex Machina Is worth a watch too... ... ... Lol. It has a pretty coherent story not to mention your fav parts;  hot chicks.

i don't actually like hot chicks in a movie (or a show for that matter).

11 hours ago, Small said:

Anyway, what's new with you? I haven't logged on In a while, and can't be bothered to read back so hit me with the 411.

things are actually progressing, but somewhat slowly. so there's nothing noteworthy per se. i might still post an update.

On 5/27/2016 at 3:24 PM, Resolute said:

i don't actually like hot chicks in a movie (or a show for that matter).

:huh:

things are actually progressing, but somewhat slowly. so there's nothing noteworthy per se. i might still post an update.

Ok. I wondered what's happening. Are you still walking? I enjoyed "a walk" recently, it was a sunday night in the city, no one was around, it was pointless for me to go home straight away so I felt like there was no "obligation", and nice weather. I just sat on a bench and read, and listened to feint sounds in the city. Anyway I'm rambling about myself. I hope things go alright/ok man, take care.

1 hour ago, mts said:

Ok. I wondered what's happening. Are you still walking? I enjoyed "a walk" recently, it was a sunday night in the city, no one was around, it was pointless for me to go home straight away so I felt like there was no "obligation", and nice weather. I just sat on a bench and read, and listened to feint sounds in the city.

unfortunately, i'm currently only walking occasionally. i'm still working on putting together the money (and documents etc) so i can turn my plan into reality.

1 hour ago, mts said:

I hope things go alright/ok man, take care.

thanks man. you take care too.

On Wednesday, June 01, 2016 at 11:14 AM, mts said:

I enjoyed "a walk" recently, it was a sunday night in the city, no one was around, it was pointless for me to go home straight away so I felt like there was no "obligation", and nice weather. I just sat on a bench and read, and listened to feint sounds in the city.

the weather here isn't particularly nice. it's been summer-like for about a month and a half now.

We had a very cool spring until last week when it was 90 degrees and humid. Now we are back to the low 70's, low humidity, soft breeze and sunshine... Our dogs like to sit outside in the afternoon before we walk so I spend a lot of time outside when I'm home. Our shade trees help on hot days.

What kind of weather do you like best, Resolute? Walking in the heat can be challenging. Maybe later in the evening or the early AM could be cooler, but that depends on the climate there too. Sometimes Florida weather would remain very hot all day around the clock. Swimming might be better exercise in the heat. I do find that some kind of exercise very often helps my mood, though. I'm off to do the cutting grass kind of exercise now.

Take care everyone.

an excerpt that might clarify/simplify what determinism means:

Interpretation of Determinism  

Determinism can be interpreted in two main way:

• Incompatibilism is the belief that Free Will and Determinism are logically incompatible categories and therefore mutually exclusive. This could include believing that Determinism is the reality, and therefore Free Will is an illusion (known as Hard Determinism); or that Free Will is true, and therefore Determinism is not (known as Libertarianism); or even that neither Determinism nor Free Will is true (known as Pessimistic Incompatibilism).
Compatibilism is the belief that Free Will and Determinism can be compatible ideas, and that it is possible to believe both without being logically inconsistent. By this definition, Free Will is not the ability to choose as an agent independent of prior cause, but as an agent who is not forced to make a certain choice. This leads to the position of Soft Determinism, proposed by the American Pragmatist William James on the grounds that thorough-going, or Hard, Determinism leads either to a bleak pessimism or to a degenerate subjectivism in moral judgment[.]

- http://www.philosophybasics.com/branch_determinism.html

another good explanation of what "free will" really is (taken from the same site):

Emergentism (or Generativism) argues that free will does not exist, although an illusion of Free Will is experienced due to the generation of apparently infinite variations in behaviour from the interaction of a finite (and deterministic) set of rules and parameters. Thus the unpredictability[*] of the emerging behaviour which we see in daily life actually stems from complex, but entirely deterministic, processes.

* "unpredictability" in this context is figurative; because in reality, everything is absolutely predictable, given enough data and resources.

• 2 weeks later...

ya, i don't mind gomez either. tbh, anyone's better than gutze at this point. their game today wasn't bad, but i fear that ruediger is irreplaceable. i'm anticipating belgium's game to see how much of a threat they are. and let's hope italy, spain and france mess up lol.

They played fluidly last night, and to date showed the most dominating performance in the tournament. Still though, they need a solid striker and I just don't understand why he's kept on the bench :( I would take off Draxler, put Gomez in strike and have Gotze play behind him. He's got pace and is agile but tends to freeze infront of goal so the two could link well. What do you think?

I think belgium are being overrated and might embarass themselves. Lol are you worried about the competiton? France was meh and England went life and death with a shitty Russia. There's a surprise lol. Obviously Spain and Italy tend to worry me, but man, Germany played really well. YESS!!!

i don't know about wales beating england but it seems a bit unlikely. i really hate that bale character tho, and i never liked ryan giggs. england isn't much of a threat imo.

i'm not too sure about gotze. but if germany is gonna have any problems it'll be in the defense not in scoring goals. they still struggled a bit with ukraine, but i reckon they're not playing at full force yet.

we'll just have to wait and see about belgium i suppose. their group is pretty hard. the silliest group is portugal's. it seems that bitch ronaldo will have an easy time advancing. france might still be an issue, and spain and italy are always threats unless proven otherwise.

Germany play a high line don't they? I noticed that Neuer would pass the ball to his defenders on goal kicks etc, and the back line would play the ball into the second half of the pitch.  It's probably why they're vulnerable but I'm guessing it's also why their counter attacks are so on point.

Ozil played well with his assist,  but I was disappointed when he was closed down at his chance on goal. Him and Kroos provide us (haha) with a dangerous and dynamic attack. Did you see Muller's attempt to head and kick the ball at the same time? Lol. He's epic.

I would just feel more excited knowing we have a real striker in the box. It's all dandy to have a dynamic and unconventional attack, but Gomez would give them centricity imo. He has that real star power too.

England are the most overrated team in the world. The fans here are convinced that they're real threats to the championship crown, but are left disappointed when they can't beat the shit teams. I'm pretty sure that Wales have a more organised attack than Russia, and I am kind of expecting them to net 1 or 2 against England. 

Spain & Italy worry me, but I think we're the best team there. Why do you hate Ronaldo so much? Lol. Is it that whole diva thing he has going on? 

27 minutes ago, Small said:

Germany play a high line don't they? I noticed that Neuer would pass the ball to his defenders on goal kicks etc, and the back line would play the ball into the second half of the pitch.  It's probably why they're vulnerable but I'm guessing it's also why their counter attacks are so on point.                                                             

ya it's mostly an attacking team and their formation is quite open, which means they're gonna be vulnerable in the defence. add to that the absence of hummels and ruediger and it's even more dangerous. if it wasn't for neuer they'd receive even more goals.

Ozil played well with his assist,  but I was disappointed when he was closed down at his chance on goal. Him and Kroos provide us (haha) with a dangerous and dynamic attack. Did you see Muller's attempt to head and kick the ball at the same time? Lol. He's epic.

i was disappointed with him not scoring that--almost--one on one. ya i saw muller; it was funny.

I would just feel more excited knowing we have a real striker in the box. It's all dandy to have a dynamic and unconventional attack, but Gomez would give them centricity imo. He has that real star power too.

ya he's a more classical striker, which i like as well.

England are the most overrated team in the world. The fans here are convinced that they're real threats to the championship crown, but are left disappointed when they can't beat the shit teams. I'm pretty sure that Wales have a more organised attack than Russia, and I am kind of expecting them to net 1 or 2 against England. 

wales might be better than russia but england will likely play better next time. i just don't see wales beating england without some mishaps etc..

Spain & Italy worry me, but I think we're the best team there. Why do you hate Ronaldo so much? Lol. Is it that whole diva thing he has going on? 

ronaldo is an arrogant little shit. his whole attitude (and look/face) is that of a cunt.

i prefer temperatures in the low 20s celsius. i used to take my walks late at night/early morning but this blasted heat has a way of making me even more useless than usual.

Yes, me too. Unfortunately the temperature here has been in the high 30's for quite a while now. It goes into the 40's on some days. It just saps the energy out of me - not that I have much to begin with anyway.

I read what Mts. wrote about going for a walk. I wish I could do that - just go out and walk about the city, or sit somewhere and listen to the sounds of the city. I wish so much I could do that.

Temperature Summary - 6:28 PM

Temp (°C)
Now 37°
Yesterday 37°
RealFeel® 38°
RealFeel® Shade 36°
Wind Chill 37°
Dew Point 18°
  Hi / Lo
Previous 6 Hours 40°
  37°
Previous 12 Hours 43°
  35°
Previous 24 Hours 43°
  29°

I still can't wrap my head around Celsius.  My brain thinks in Fahrenheit. I need a conversion chart. :huh: In school, we did discuss the metric system some, but it seems here in the US we're still using the old system for the most part.

I could chat about most any other sport aside from soccer (football)...