Mental Support Community

Worries about pedophilia

TerrifiedUser

and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and recycle and .......................

Terrified, what the heck ya doing dude:D? I love ya man:) and I feel for you, but ya gotta get some help and leave all of this website stuff for someone else. :confused: We'll always be here and will always talk with you, but get some help pronto before I start drinking too much green tea and getting permanent diarrhea.

With much humor and compassion,

David

Terrified, you are 239 posts into this thread. Do you think it may be a little obsessive on your part? Are you talking to a professionnal about this subject which keeps doing the loopty loop in your head???.... Perhaps you need to press the pause button and choose another track, or you're going to make yourself nuts!:cool:

Visualize that someone has blown up that site, blown it to smitherines - 25 sticks of dynamite!!! It's gone, finito, caput, nada, it no longer exists. Now you can finally move on... how great is that!

Edited by Symora

No one's suggesting that you go somewhere else to talk about it, or that you stop talking about it until you're ready. Neither of those addresses the real issue, which is that you're worrying more than you need to.

I think it's great that you want to do what you think is right (it argues against all of your fears about yourself, for one thing), but you need to apply it consistently.

What you have done in the past is either "right" or "wrong", to you. {No one else's judgment matters, now or later.} If you think it's "wrong", you'll change it. If you think it's "right", stand by it.

Now, that won't guarantee that you'll never be involved in a misunderstanding, the way you were before. But nothing can guarantee that, so it's time to stop seeking guarantees. At least this way, you'll know which one you are, even if other people are mistaken.

And I left "right" and "wrong" in quotes precisely because I will refuse to define them for you. :-)

Defining them for yourself is called "growing up".

So, what's the "not that good of a person" standard?

Not perfect, you mean? :-)

You're setting yourself up.

How many people see that site? How many report it?

How many even think about reporting it?

You sound like a pretty good guy, to me.

Good morning Terrified,

Let's see, you began this thread on 11-30-2009--- that's 5 months ago and nearly 250 posts into this. If they wanted you, you'd be lunch-meat for 6'4", 160kilo Bubba, and skinny ass Javier in cell block 23 by now, and your name would be fresh meat Lisbeth.

What they monitor are activities by known offenders primarily. They lack the manpower or interest to chase down fleas and gnats, only lions and tigers get special attention, the kind you don't want... sorry my friend, but you're a gnat in the big scheme of things. How do I know-- I worked in corrections for 5 years!

Now it's time to get that wound fixed-- OCD, for it will take you down if it remains untreated! What do you think my friend?

David

Edited by David O

Hi TerrifiedUser,

I'm so glad to hear that you have finally reported the website and you can now move on. That must be quite a relief, although it may be a little challenging because your brain has been obsessing about it for so long.... but it's done, you are proud, the job is accomplished!!!

So what's next? What are some other things you would like to do and think about now?

I did not realize you were from the UK. I'll be going there next week to see my daughter, I can't wait!

Edited by Symora

Terri, I can guarantee that your brain can come up with things to be afraid of, far faster than anyone could suggest ways to counter them.

It's still just stuff to be afraid of, none of it is a fact.

Please go see a counselor about all this anxiety. Then, when you've done that, if you still have questions, you'll still have the chance to ask them.

Good morning Terrified,

As long as you're on the job, I thought to add other issues to worry about:

• Super Saver beat Impeachment at yesterday's Kentucky Derby
  • The UK's Gordon Brown and his Labour Party are losing ground to the conservative opposition and the impact it'll have Jakarta
  • How the 2 glassy new rental towers on the Upper West Side will affect property values in Rockville Maryland
  • How bee rustlers in Japan will affect the price of honey in Canada
  • The new Lady Gaga/Beyonce video- Telephone
  • Facebook's ever changing privacy policies
  • Why LinkedIn keeps making poor business decisions
  • With the new iPad, can we now leave our laptops at home?

This should keep you occupied for a few months.

Terrified, what are you doing dude, you keep recycling and recycling and recycling and recycling an issue that's renting too much free space in your mind --- you've had many very serious problems in life, most of which never happened.

Please get help, we want to see you get past this and lead a complete life, free of these ruminations.

David

Edited by David O

But then again, I also have some guilt in the idea of the police coming and knocking on my doors
Terrified, don't replace the word worry with guilt, it allows you to circumvent, via language, the worry you still feel. Perhaps you should also have guilt about:

• Floyd Mayweather's domination of Shane Mosley for the world title
  • The split between Halle Berry and model Gabriel Aubry
  • Why the co-developer of the World Wide web doesn't have a Facebook page
  • Warren Buffett's vigorous defense of Goldman Sachs
  • The weather patterns in Seville Spain this morning
  • What role Shakira will play in the immigration issues
  • Paris Hilton's next public embarrassment
  • Will my graying hair make me less bello

Terrified, as I said >100 posts ago, if the police wanted you, your hide would already have been nailed to a fence post at Churchill Downs of the Kentucky Derby (nope, I don't watch horse racing, but it sounded good to my feeble mind). Your only true, realistic, unbending, self assuring solution is to stay completely off the sites-- no deviations from this decision and you're as safe as I am (and I don't go near hoochie momma sites).

Satirically,

David

Edited by David O