Mental Support Community

Worries about pedophilia

TerrifiedUser

Terri,

Every single bit of this is inside your own head.

No one can tell what you did or did not masturbate to, last year or whenever.

You're driving yourself mad with worry.

Please try to get help with that, and let go of whether this or that picture does in fact show this or that age.

It's not illegal to see things, Terri.

"How" could you say those things? Well, you were a kid, you had a computer, you weren't thinking ...

Note that none of those things have anything to do with pedophilia.

Please stop obsessing about the facts, and get some help for the obsessing.

I am going to jump in here just this one time and that will be it. TU, the continuous searching for photos, the continuous anxiety around the photos, the continuous posting over the anxiety around the photos...this all seems to be a pattern of behavior which is unhealthy for you. The repeated posting is very similar to the repeated searching and the repeated worrying over the searching. So I honestly don't think it's helpful or beneficial for you to keep posting about all of this. It doesn't move you forward or give you any relief. It feeds the anxiety, which makes you more anxious, which makes you compulsively search, worry and then post. Maybe the time has come to stop this pattern. This is not serving you, TU. I hope that you will consult with a mental health professional very soon who can help you deal with this pattern of anxious behavior. I don't think we can help you here unless you are willing to change your pattern of behavior. We support you, but helping sometimes means suggesting that you seek the help of a qualified professional. Maybe try offering others support. This may take your mind off some of this. Best of luck, Terrified.

Because after any search, you won't know more than you do now.

Can you see this as a compulsion, Terri, rather than a useful way to spend your time?

A therapist can help with that need. But trying to satisfy it will never work; you'll just need more, next time.

Please go find a therapist.

That's not information, because you can put anything in a caption!

I could say that they were aliens from another planet, come to hunt you down! Would that make it true?

There is nothing you can learn from these searches that you can trust, Terri. The only person you can trust is the one you carry around with you, and it looks like you need to find some help to do even that. Please get it.