Mental Support Community

Self

mts

Yes mts I have had some hellish work experiences. Mostly female so called supervisors that if I did 9 out if 10 things right the only thing focused on was the number 10 thing that I did wrong and often that thing was something where I was misinformed.

I don't write music, I did at one time. I love reading too. I like music from jam bands to heavy metal and more like avant guard ambient darkwave experimental electronic

The cool thing about life is that most people you meet are "non-social" contacts. :-)

Say you work in a food store. There are customers in and out all the time, asking questions, having their purchases rung up at the cash registers, and frequently being short-tempered about things you can't change anyway. And not a single one of them is a "social" contact, unless you decide to give them that level of interest. Your co-workers, as well, are just people standing around doing the same job, not necessarily friends and not critics unless you allow them to be. Your supervisors and managers may perhaps have greater authority which requires you to listen to what they say, but you're only required to do what they say if it's job-related, and even then, only if you value the job more than whatever they want you to change.

Personally, I found working with the public (in my case, in a drug store) was a great way for me to learn about how to deal with people on the "non-social" level.

And what things do you do for fun, V?

Lord not nearly enough!

I have been laying off the booze for health reasons so that takes that out of the picture.

I am trying to save money so strip clubs are out.

I still do enjoy live music from time to time.

I enjoy the things you listed: reading, music, TV, internet, still workout some but a lot less than I used to.

I still have a few friends that I catch up with for a burger or a cup of coffee or a movie from time to time.

I have a car w satellite radio and enjoy cruising around, running errands, listening.

Believe it or not I enjoy the business of daily life, getting things done.

But other than that it is pretty bleak. No dating, no travel, no family. Going through a period of reassessment.

No it's not me, that is old Jerry Garcia. I share too much real stuff on this forum to put my real pic up. Yeah it would awesome if a few of us could ever catch up. I would love to meet you, Jessie, and many others.

Yeah you guessed right K-man the reassessment is the job. I would love to move but I don't see it happening unless I really get motivated. I would love to be either out in the country or else or else someplace sunny and fun like FL or AZ etc.

If that is you in your profile pic, you look like a fun guy to hang out with. I would enjoy having a shot with you. I hope it's not somebody famous and I sound like a total idiot, but I don't recognize the face. I'm actually told I'm pretty fun when I'm drunk.

No it's not me, that is old Jerry Garcia. I share too much real stuff on this forum to put my real pic up.

wow klingsor, i've always wondered the same thing, but eventually believed it was victim's pic. and i never asked for same reason as yours, what if it's a famous person etc., lol.