Mental Support Community

Self

mts

A session with a psychiatrist generally is a quicker appointment and may be mostly about prescribing medication. Talking with a psychologist is entirely different. Your appointment would have lasted somewhere between 45- 60 minutes and you would likely see him/her weekly. Either way, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. :( Sometimes I wish I could send people to my former therapist...very empathetic and kind. I couldn't look him in the eye for months. I always used to focus on his shoes or the rug, the blinds behind him...anything but eye contact. This can take time for anyone. I would recommend that you keep looking until you find someone who you can feel you can work with.

Take care, mts.

Maybe most people are just like this in the real world, dead calm, wooden, intellectual, afraid, uncaring.

i don't know about all the other adjectives, but i guarantee you that most people are morons, i have over 30 years experience with god knows how many people, both in person, and through other means of communication, and throughout three continents, and if there's one thing i'm certain of, it's that most people are stupid, ignorant, and anything but intellectual. and you can take that to the bank (even though we're both super-broke).

skynight would be proud, lol.

The difference between Skynight's form of self-assurance and guys who really do "have it" is analogous to the difference between a dusty bowl of plastic fruit and a ripe naval orange hanging from the tree.

i don't completely disagree with him on everything, but i can't honestly believe that a person can just change their personality like flipping a switch.

i too have very little faith in modern "medicine" and "physicians/drs.", which is of course a result of literally thousands of hours of research.

.... But how the fuck anyone is supposed to just magically one day say, "Oh well, I'm happy being a number-crunching, loser eunuch, gonna start being witty and attractive today!" is just beyond ridiculous.

it's more like: i'm gonna be happy and satisfied with who/what i am, and embrace it. so what if i have the mind of a genius and the body of a monkey, and no health or wealth.