Mental Support Community

Self

mts

Religious people live to serve God, not hoping that God will serve them. The former are believers, the latter sorcerers.

if by "religious people" you mean saints, then clearly i'm not, wasn't, or ever will be one. but my understanding of a good little religious person, is one who worships and obeys god, and tolerates much of the crap that god throws at him, but expects god to at least acknowledge him, and/or throw him a bone once in a blue moon. when none of that happens, that person will inevitably want nothing to do with god after one, two, or three decades of nothing but shit.

when none of that happens, that person will inevitably want nothing to do with god after one, two, or three decades of nothing but shit.

Has it really been nothing but shit? Shit compared to what? The middle class in America? Think of the lives people of faith have lived throughout the world and throughout history, the immense suffering, sickness, crushing poverty, immense cruelty, and yet they remained unshakable in their love for The Lord.

Has it really been nothing but shit? Shit compared to what? The middle class in America? Think of the lives people of faith have lived throughout the world and throughout history, the immense suffering, sickness, crushing poverty, immense cruelty, and yet they remained unshakable in their love for The Lord.

well, they were either idiots, or just better persons than me. of course that's assuming their faith was in fact "unshakable".

Faith is knowing in the absence of evidence that everything happens for a reason and couldn't happen any other way. The big problem with people today is that everyone is self-entitled to some degree or another and think they are owed something, be it money, success, adoration, or food for the ego. Everybody will immediately agree the world is a shitty place, but no one wants to take responsibility for anything because everybody is self-entitled to "feel good".

i'd be more than happy to take full responsibility for anything that is truly my fault. and yes, i'm entitled to "feel good".

1- Maybe Idiots are better people than us. 2- At least they have an excuse.

1- idiots are not better than intelligent people.

2- on the contrary, intelligent people are the ones with the excuse, because the smarter a person is, the more sensitive he is, and the more sensitive he is, the more intensely he'll experience things, whether it's pain or pleasure. and in the absence of any pleasure, all that remains is pain.

Then take control of that belief and make a purpose for yourself. That's been my problem. No use debating and arguing to pointless waste on a fucking forum, decide how you're going to ignore it, avenge it, or transcend it and then do it. But complaining about it, well you're just a fucking dead tree whistling in the wind.

klingsor, complaining is the only release i currently have. i truly have nothing. i can not, and will not ignore anything, nor can i simply forget things that i know. also, i don't have the means to avenge or transcend anything.

my only purpose is to escape this hellhole, even if it means ending up in another hellhole.

If by sensitive you mean emotionally sensitive to the pain of others around them, all I can say is that has not been my experience. Condescending, indifferent and sadistic come to mind.

i didn't mean more sensitive to the pain of others -as that would depend on the person's heart, or lack thereof-, i meant more sensitive (heightened awareness and experiencing) to their own pain and pleasure. in other words, the smarter a person is, the more vividly he experiences pain and pleasure.

That has been my experience too. It's almost as if people who are very intelligent and successful have to block the part of their mind that feels emotion in order to actualize that intelligence, yet by some sort of physical law it's as though this vacuum of emotion just sucks in everything negative, narcissistic, and savage.

sure there are many rotten people out there, and some are pretty smart, but i can't accept your statement as a rule of thumb.