Mental Support Community

whining thread

Resolute

Guest ChinaDoll

Stay.

Nice poem. Id toast with you (Is my grammar correct?) But Im more of the tear shedding kind than the beer drinking kind.

Despite how much I loathe myself, I cant seem to subject myself to the bitter taste of alcohol even if the effects can bring temporary relief. Lol!

Hope you guys are having a better day than I am.

*Sighs* Thanks Victim, I'm in a pretty bad place right now, these past 24 hours have been mentally physically excruciating. I went to see my mum this morning before work, and gave her a long silent hug. It was as warm and assuring as it was when I was just a boy. She knew I was troubled like she always does, but I couldn't give her bad news. I don't know what my future will bring, it's a bump in the road or the beginning of the end; but I'm going to keep plodding forward. I'll crawl for now, until I can walk again.

Guest ChinaDoll

I hope things get better for you. Mom's are just wonderful, aren't they? They just seem to know without actually knowing and even just their presence can be comforting. I admire your strength. Take care.

@IrmaJean I have a friend that I talk to, and he's considerate enough to listen to my problems without much complaint. I like to protect my mum from bad news though, so I try to stay strong around her so she doesn't hurt for me. She's cried many a tear over me in the past when I did to open up to her, and it kills me to break her heart with these things. I know it's not my fault, but I feel like I've failed her. My brothers are textbook sons, successful, stoic and protective. Up until 6 months ago I couldn't even give her any money, not that she needs it but as a man, it's my job to help support her. My brother would give me money to give her, to save face, but he's loaded so it's the least he can do for having me put up with his first child syndrome. Finally I get somewhere, only to be derailed by my health

Guest ChinaDoll

Don't lose hope, Draco.

I understand how you feel. I feel pretty useless myself. As the youngest daughter, I felt it was my responsibility to take care of my parents in their old age yet here I am being dependent on my older siblings. Its deflating. But I think no matter what, you're more important than any amount of money.

I'll say it again. I admire your strength. Because I really do.