Mental Support Community

whining thread

Resolute

If you shared yourself, displayed the kind of moxie, spunk and insights you do here you could find female companionship. But you gotta be around some for it to happen.

Not trying to argue here; just giving you my vote of confidence.

thanks man. unfortunately, my circumstances (financial, health, legal, social, etc.) don't allow me to pursue any such thing even if i was interested. i like female companionship in theory, in reality, though, it's a different story. in other words if the female(s) don't find me physically irresistible, it would just cause me more pain.

btw, i don't think you answered my last question (in post #208).

i miss ken. even though i only interacted with him briefly, i still miss him. even though i was (still am, and will always be) in a bad place, i still wish i was a bit gentler with him. :(

i wish that him and i could've traded places, then maybe we would've both gotten what we wanted. :(

i was gonna post this in his thread, but it's gone, and so are all his other posts. :(

kent, i miss you my friend. i'm sorry if i caused you any pain.

I miss k too, res...every day. He was my best friend here. He was a close friend. I hope to honor him by the way I live my life.

I can say he was not upset or hurt by anthing you wrote...he wanted to help. He would be very happy to see you here. He would want you to heal and be well. He might suggest hugging a tree? Do you connect with nature at all?

Yes, I go to work an hour before the store opens. I have to count money, set things up, close out machines, do reports....

I worked in a non-clinical capacity in behavioral health for 9 years and being a therapist is tough route. For one thing there are so many these days and secondly everyone wants to pay via insurance and the payouts are like $50-60 per session and may sound good at first but good luck getting clients who show up regularly w their $40 copay. To do that you end up catering to the under achieving daughters & sons of the middle class.

It's a dream that will very likely never happen, but I don't rule it out. I would not be doing it to make money...I want to help people and make a positive difference. College is very costly and as you mentioned many people are interested in the field. It would require 3 degrees...I was close to one. I would like to finish that one sometime. I enjoyed the challenge of school and found my strength in psychology and counseling courses. I was taking one course at a time, making monthly payments and getting all A's. I enjoyed having a goal. I realize, though, that I don't need to be a therapist to make a positive difference. I can volunteer. I can reach out to others whenever the opportunity presents itself. I can continue to support others here.

He would want you to heal and be well. He might suggest hugging a tree? Do you connect with nature at all?

well, i often picture myself living in the wilderness; somewhere calm and pristine. no one to get on my nerves, no bills or obligations. a beautiful lake with crystal clear water, trees, mountains, maybe even a nice waterfall. i can watch nature take its course. deers on land, orcas in the water. fishing, or just sitting in a boat and looking at nature....

it's a nice thought, but not an option. i do however watch nature/animal shows, and i love them.

Regarding the free will thing is that I think there is choice given to us but only over a certain range of values. It's like being in a restaurant - you have a choice but only what's on the menu. It's limited. For some the choices might be pretty vast and others a small number of options in life. Biology is destiny.

Regarding the free will thing is that I think there is choice given to us but only over a certain range of values. It's like being in a restaurant - you have a choice but only what's on the menu. It's limited. For some the choices might be pretty vast and others a small number of options in life. Biology is destiny.

that's 'soft determinism', which is practically the position of most people.

Guest ChinaDoll

I feel like, you can be the ugliest person in the world and still be living the life as long as you've got the self-esteem to take on life. There are a lot of comedians who are rolling in dough thanks to that.

I feel like, you can be the ugliest person in the world and still be living the life as long as you've got the self-esteem to take on life. There are a lot of comedians who are rolling in dough thanks to that.

depends what "living the life" actually means to a person. to some (even shallow people) there are more important things than money, and not having those could make life unbearable.

Guest ChinaDoll

Everyone has problems. Even the happiest people have problems. It is only that we seem to be unable to move past our problems. We're stuck. And even if it seems we've earned freedom, one wrong move and we're right back stuck in the middle of the muck.

Everyone has problems. Even the happiest people have problems. It is only that we seem to be unable to move past our problems. We're stuck. And even if it seems we've earned freedom, one wrong move and we're right back stuck in the middle of the muck.

i argue that even with the "right" move, that would happen. in other words, for some of us, there is no "right" move. any move we make will be wrong.

Guest ChinaDoll

I guess I just dont feel as helpless as you guys do. What I feel is like someone is pushing me down and making sure that I stay down and they're laughing at me. Sorta like that. The world is too full of malicious people. Most, become monsters because of a little thing called jealousy. And they'll never admit it cuz they're too proud.

Hmm... touchy subject. Must back away from that and get back into the sunlight. :)