Mental Support Community

whining thread

Resolute

1- Yeah. It's one reason I hate to develop acquaintanceships with people because I know it never lasts. And it's even worse in my case because I have such an almighty hard time relating to people at all. No one stays and you're left in the same sorry shape you were before you met except now you have to contend with loss. I'm always the person left on the threshold who has to watch as an acquaintance walks through some door of success and leaves me behind for greener pastures.

2- What should we do with ourselves, resolute? Two hardened, massively depressed existential determinists living empty, totally unfulfilled and mediocre lives bereft of any hope or achievable goal?

1- ya man, i know what you mean. i try to not get attached to people as well. in this case however, i don't think he's leaving completely, i.e will still be available through p.m.

2- i wish i knew, my friend. i wish i knew.

Guest ChinaDoll
What should we do with ourselves, resolute? Two hardened, massively depressed existential determinists living empty, totally unfulfilled and mediocre lives bereft of any hope or achievable goal?

Now Im curious about what you guys do for a living and if unemployed, what your field is. (Am I making sense? Running on little sleep lately)

Guest ChinaDoll

Hmm... I think its more than just that part of your anatomy. But then Im sure youve heard what I have to say before so I won't go further into it.

I was in the same boat, Klingsor. Though in my case, undereducated. Currently unemployed and still wondering what kind of employment to pursue.

Guest ChinaDoll

I wish I was aristocracy and didn't have to work. I would live like F. Scott Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Burroughs, etc. I would be a patron of the arts and host lavish parties.

Im so confused about my life that even if I had all that money, Id still be depressed because I don't know what to do with it. Hahaha

I plan on hanging around, reading, and commenting. I probably will tone down on the esoteric seriousness, and talk like we're a group of friends bonding over a beer whilst burning our dogs on the open flame.

our dogs? that's not a metaphor is it? :D some of us might not be ready to burn ours just yet, lol.

You never know where you might meet and make friends. I have shared some wonderful friendships here.

I work at a convenient store that my H manages. He has taught me a lot and so I have a lot of responsibilities, such as opening the store, ordering, and doing computer work. I enjoy it. In my heart, I'd like to be a therapist one day, though I didn't know this until 7-8 years ago. I was studying for my degree but I had to quit a few years ago. I could always start again, though.

Speaking of work, I have to get ready to open the store. Wishing everyone a peaceful and healing day.

In my heart, I'd like to be a therapist one day, though I didn't know this until 7-8 years ago. I was studying for my degree but I had to quit a few years ago.

I worked in a non-clinical capacity in behavioral health for 9 years and being a therapist is tough route. For one thing there are so many these days and secondly everyone wants to pay via insurance and the payouts are like $50-60 per session and may sound good at first but good luck getting clients who show up regularly w their $40 copay. To do that you end up catering to the under achieving daughters & sons of the middle class.