Mental Support Community

Quest for my normal

shanrucas

Thank you to all of you as well. I actually look forward to checking in and sharing my life with you guys on a regular and consistant basis.

I know it can be hard as I see some people come and go and some frequent this site in a less timely matter then us so I do truely appreciate all of your support, understanding and friendship here each day. :)

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im feeling down this evening, no particular reason for it, nothing bad happened, no extra stress. Just feeling down and a bit lonely. I didn't have errands to do, so i got to get on one of my horses, that helped. But now Im home, mom is resting and I feel blue, maybe Im just plain tired, I don't often feel that lonely, but for some reason tonight I do. I sometimes wish that I had someone to hold me and tell me its going to be ok...I know I am strong as my friends have told me, I have always been strong...but Im tired of being strong.

Thank you Jim, I feel the hugs from here, it means a lot during these times of feeling isolated. I think what kicked off the loneliness for me is seeing that a couple of my friends had with their husbands and signifcant others made a bit envious.

I can't quite describe the feeling of being on a horse and galloping down the beach with the ocean on one side and the dunes on the other, the wind in your hair, seeing whales far out in the ocean. Its the feeling being serene and free. I could stay out there all day maybe more.

Sincerely, Shannon

Guest ASchwartz

I just posted an article about touching. You are welcome to read it if you wish. The point is that we all need to be touched, me as well. Its terrible to not have someone to touch you when you are most lonely and upset. I don't know how much an internet touch helps but I am sending all of you a GREAT BIG HUGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allan

Shannon,

I'd like to echo your feelings when riding your horse. It's like that for me too. I think that's why I like jumping with him so much too. It feels like flying :( I also like the feeling of pure freedom. I feel like I can take off on my horse and go to places where my best friend or my worst enemy CAN'T FIND ME! I love that feeling sometimes. And I am often fortunate that my horse knows the way back :)

Ok we all must be on the same virtual wave length because I too feel very down and overwhelmed. Just told my therpaist that this morning and I guess I need to just keep track of how I feel, acknowledge it and try to do something positive.

My stuff though I think is all my medical stuff really overwhelming me. But Shannon I do understand when things are going well and this happens it is very confusing.

I guess I wont be riding in my convertible or even a horse for that matter because we had all of this rainy, icy, snowy weather and it is just a pure mess outside. I definatley dont want to see all this when it ices up tonight....

Forget ice skating too it is a mass of mush outside... yuk!!!

Allan thank you for the internet hug and for the understanding about the need for personal touch from time to time, I will settle for the internet hugs for now.

Danni, lol I am thankful my horse knows the way home too, otherwise I would definately get lost.

Linda, sorry its yukky and mushy...here I have a lot of mud, as a kid I would entertain myself jumping in the mud puddles.

Shannon

Linda an shanrucas wanted to say thanks for the nice chats we have had. Let yous know Im not gonna be postin here much if at all anymore. Already told hotspot at another place been chattin Wishin you guys well kind of sucks since yous are only truly tangible few onlist of tangies

Since the responce by brodman was in my mail; I thought I would respond to something that seems puzzling to me?

I agree Linda & Shannon are both very good caring, "tangible" People. But somehow I may of missunderstood the statement istself.

The way I have read this is that brodman & hotspot have gone to other sites as they feel this Site & Most of us are Not "Tangible"?

Forgive me if I am incorrect; but that Statement seems a bit Arrogant in itself. EVERYONE is Tangible in Life. I would never make a statement that offends others to make them feel any less "Tangible" or Important.

We are ALL here with Different, Dilemmas, Problems & Situations. But for the Same Reason. HELP!!! And I for one will continue to Post, Reply, Read, Seek Help, & help in any way Possible; without hopefully offending any & all "Tangible" living Breathing Human Beings.

Sincerely; Jim

Brodman, has HIS own reason's for not wanting to continue to post. I hadn't anything to do with his posting. He merely made mention to both Linda and Shannon that he had already let me know of his decision. He was not writing anything on my behalf nor was he claiming to.

What he considers tangible relationships or not is again HIS feelings. You are the one appearing arrogant in deciding what someone else should or shouldn't feel are their own tangible relationships here. You don't like his feelings? fine than don't.. You feel offended by his feelings? well than fine there too. Not every one's postings are going to give you the warm and fuzzies. I know you would never this or that, Look the rose pins for the nose I believe are given at the exit of the tent.

ABOVE ALL ELSE because I really don't have the energy for this crap. Do not lump me into another person's posting beliefs simply because they mentioned my name.

Linda; No the post was in my e-mail.

Hotspot; Sorry if I offended you & improperly lumped you into my own post. That is why I questioned the Post & the names used. Your correct; Arrogance & more correctly missunderstanding on my part.

As far as warm & fuzzies, rose pins for the nose & no energy for crap. You Made Your Point to Me Quite Clear. I will not respond to that.

In the future I will be sure not to mention your name or reply to any of your comments. I to have no energy for this crap. and Above All Else the Wrath from Someone who reply's are offensive & demeaning. End Of Story.

You are the one that started spouting about arrogance and pumping your chest up about what you do and don't do. All to a post that wasn't even directed at you. If you didn't understand why not have asked? I'd imagine he probably would have responded. Instead you decided to demean how he felt. A post you took it upon yourself to demean by telling Brodman he's arrogant for feeling 2 people he's been chatting with are tangible to him. Tossing me into the mix. Then getting on a soap box about what you do and don't do. You like to dish it out but you certainly can not take it in return now can you.

Reply to me or not I could careless what you do. Don't ever try and lump me into something or claim to be so holier than thou and not be called on it, especially when you don't even know what you are talking about.

Guys, please?

Misunderstanding happen, especially in typed communications.

Could we take a minute, here, and breathe?

Then, if you feel someone has done something wrong, maybe ask whether that's what they meant? {Both of you have assumed a tone to the other's words that I don't think was there. And if it was, plenty of time to react to it later, no?}

My heart breaks, I have valued EVERYONE'S opinions and suggestions. I started this thread so long ago and have been very flattered that some have felt comfortable in posting here, I welcome any and all members to post on this thread. Maybe I look forward to it to much as I feel so isolated and this has become a form of connection with others for me..my issue, anyway, I don't want anyone to leave:(

Shannon

sweet flying nuns it was such a simple post I thought I was makin

Hotspot I appreciate but its ok kind of proves one of the reasons why Im not gonna post here much anymore now dont it? lol

Hotspot is right I was sayin I consider linda and shanrucas real tangible friends to me they made it to my tangies list whats so damn horrible about that

I dont write good no real mystery there even bein severely dyslexic the gist usually gets through. When it dont I dont get the curtesy of being asked what I meant by saying certain things. I just get the whole how Im offendin the world puttin everyone down and a laundry list of how someone else wouldnt do things

Anyway Shanrucas Im not goin anywhere no matter who dont like it just gonna write through pms with you 4 and Jedidiah when he is more back withit

The thing is, 'corvette' did ask ... He repeatedly said that he might have misunderstood, and was this what was meant. Perhaps he doesn't write that well, either? Misunderstandings can go both ways.

I'm sorry that you haven't found more "tangible" friends here, brodman. I guess I'm not sure why that means you have to move into PMs, though. For one thing, it makes it a lot harder to find any more tangible friends ...

But you're certainly entitled to do what you think is necessary.

I'd just prefer, out of respect for 'shanrucas's thread and for the rest of the site, that we treat each other as gently as possible. The world is hard enough without us adding to it.

Malign Im not stupid I saw the post he didnt just ask what i meant and leave it at that for me to at least reply to He went on to say how I was offendin everyone being arrogant and how he dont do none of those things Ok so lets get that right and I should be afforded the same damn respect everyone else gets around here I made small post go off to work come back to blownup nonsense yeah yeah I know Im wrong right seems to be the schick around here

as far as screwin up shanrucas thread I aint doin anything but standin up for myself about a post made in this thread a thread Ive been writin in for a while I didnt bring sewing debate in

I dont wanna talk about this bullshit no more not gonna take the look at other peoples feelins stuff when for some reason mine never matter to most around here thanksfully at least hotspot someone that doesnt ever post like he did not that Ive ever seen before at least replied and saw it for what it came across as not a question but unneeded disection and pot stirrin

shanrucas knows how I feel about her and thats all that matters

You're right, 'corvette' made mistakes, too. I wasn't picking one of you as the "winner". You definitely deserve the exact same respect the rest of us do.

All I'm doing is requesting calm. It was a general request, for everyone.

Though I guess I left off the "Please?"

Archived