Mental Support Community

Self

mts

resolute - that sucks about the abusive father. That is one problem I did not have. Thank god there was one! Have you healed the relationship w your dad?

no, we're not on speaking terms, because he's still pretty much a tyrant. of course i have much bigger problems at the moment, and my relationship with my parents is the last thing on my mind right now.

no, we're not on speaking terms, because he's still pretty much a tyrant. of course i have much bigger problems at the moment, and my relationship with my parents is the last thing on my mind right now.

Understood. My Dad passed away suddenly at 52 years, I was 26 and wow I sure wish there could have been more time.

What are the bigger problems? I mean I know you have expressed significant disgust w your lot in life across the board, money, women, etc but was wondering how you would currently express it.

Understood. My Dad passed away suddenly at 52 years, I was 26 and wow I sure wish there could have been more time.

What are the bigger problems? I mean I know you have expressed significant disgust w your lot in life across the board, money, women, etc but was wondering how you would currently express it.

biggest problems in order of importance:

1- money

2- appearance

3- health

the rest are basically things that are a result of these three main things. so if these three were to be fixed, the rest would follow, and vice versa.

biggest problems in order of importance:

1- money

2- appearance

3- health

the rest are basically things that are a result of these three main things. so if these three were to be fixed, the rest would follow, and vice versa.

Got it, yeah agree wholeheartedly w your list. For me health concern is mostly a lack of sufficient energy to get the things I want done to be done.

The good news about your list is that they are things that can be impacted by effort to some degree. I don't say that to be Mr Sunshine because I have had enough of that shit myself but rather to suggest that progress could possibly be made although probably far from your ideal goal.

I'm sorry to hear that, that resonates with me because I was also just a shy kid in school. No career? What did you do? Unless it's too personal.

I still work, although it is a shaky situation currently. By career I mean something w security and decent cash flow as opposed to bouncing from one dip shit job to another.

I went to unemployment yesterday, though not realizing it was saturday so closed. I just sat outside, watching the world go by for half an hour. I was pretty relaxed, but then noone was around, just cars/people walking by slightly ahead, in the street.

If people are there they may talk to me even if I'm outside, but I'll try to go sit there.

He in USA you have to be employed for a number of months (usually a full 6) before you can collect unemployment. But then it only runs for 6-7 months unless you qualify for an extension.

Are you going back tomorrow?

I totally get where you are coming from Klingsor esp about not wanting to exert the effort to make the correct facial expressions lol. Last Tuesday, Fat Tues, they came around handing out Mardi Grad beads they actually expected us to wear. I refused to even touch stating that those beads are something that must be earned. The vacuous hole stood there staring at me in uncomprehending disbelief.

Any jealousies were tertiary. Perhaps a little envy that I was witty, bright and outspoken and from a decent family but mostly the bullies were a sadistic lot looking to impress their jerkoff friends at my expense. I was vulnerable because of my size and non-aggressive disposition. That's really the only reason I and others like me were targeted.

Life is what it is. The talkers talk about what should be but what happens is entirely apart from their abstractions.

Can you find a way to self-connect, mts, and feel good about yourself from the inside? I can understand this is easy to write and not so easy to do, but I find it helps me during interactions. I seem to feel more relaxed and comfortable interacting with others with practice and even when things don't go perfectly, it doesn't sting so much like it used to. I hope you keep trying, mts.

Klingsor, do you like music? I saw you posted a link recently. Maybe listening could help you feel some pleasure? This is another thing that helps me, though maybe something different might be more helpful for you.

Take care, both of you.