Mental Support Community

Self

mts

I like Josh Groban too.

:)

I've never really been a "crier", but in the last few years I've found myself alternating between extremes of severe anger/rage and panicked hopelessness. The latter is what causes me to get in the weepy moods, and it really disgusts me when it happens. Men are not supposed to cry, but it's like a build this up and then I just go nuts and break down. Then I am just exhausted.

I think that some people may be very sensitive and feeling and thus may cry easier than others. I have personally noticed as well that is even easier for me to be moved to tears as I get older. I hope you won't judge yourself too harshly for your feelings. Maybe your body simply needs to release tension and stress? I know that crying can feel like a release for me at times.

Motivation? Do you ask because you don't feel motivated? I have days like that as well. It helps me to get in touch with something I care about. Sometimes, too, I need to push myself a bit and once I get going, I can become very motivated. For instance, we have 2 dogs and, without them, I doubt I would have a lot of interest in walking daily. With our pups, I feel motivated to walk and then I feel both energized and relaxed by the experience.

Mts, how are things for you today?

Both above posts are very good and I agree totally.

While there are people who are slackers and just can't stand the unpleasantness of work, I believe that the majority of guys referred to as lazy are guys whose repeated efforts have never been rewarded, never met with success. After so many years of this a person gives up. Think of a prize fighter who has gotten knocked out in the 1st round the his last nine fights. Not easy getting psyched for number ten.

maybe if he tries harder, he'd be a winner & get knocked out in the second round.

You make a fine point resolute. Your statement points to the flaw in the incrementalism argument, which is that a person can improve by degrees. The fact is there is no difference in getting knocked out in the the 1st 2nd or 3rd round etc. A man is either a good fighter or he is not. Sure a good one can hone the finer points of his game to better impress the judges but a physically weak man will never be a fighter period. Not in the real world. Maybe in some contrived "Losers League" but that is all.

I keep coming back to this: the secret is, to the extent there is one, to just be yourself and work within yourself. The rest is the rest and just is what it is.

Brilliant! I am now fully illuminated and awakened, sending my light into the universe.

Whatever.

.... I keep coming back to this: 1- the secret is, to the extent there is one, to just be yourself and work within yourself. The rest is the rest and just is what it is.

2- Brilliant! I am now fully illuminated and awakened, sending my light into the universe.

Whatever.

1- that's the problem, i can't accept what everything is, and what i am; nothing is in it's rightful place, and where it should be; nothing.

2- i wanna fuck the universe in the ass without any lubrication.

1- How does one determine the rightful place?

2- Measuring where things are vs where they should be is a prescription for depression in my life.

1- there are many criteria that one can use, but ultimately most would say it's a matter of opinion, and i don't have the means to disprove their views in this lifetime.

2- it's a prescription for depression in my life also, as well anyone else's life, who does it. that said, it's not really voluntary; i can't help it. once you know something, you can never unknow it, no matter how hard you try. there are way too many things i would've been better off (at least seemingly better off) not knowing; one of those things, is knowing the rightful place for most things, more or less.

That is a very wise statement. I've often thought that people who are unable to be depressed are those who view life through blinders. I remember a quote from an old television show I like about a group of artists who get drunk at a party and one of the servants comments that artists, "see the world as it really is and can't face it without drink."

1- There are so many things I wish I could simply forget I know. 2- Ignorance truly is bliss.

1- me too.

2- boy, is it ever; but the ignorant will never know it, because they're too ignorant.

Yes, I did realize that after I quoted. So I went back and liked your post as the original. You got a like and resolute got a quote. When I said that was very wise , I hoped that praise would trickle back to you. Obviously it did not as I check another box on social blunders: forum etiquette.

LOL cool breeze. All good in the hood.

I had the day off and just woke up from an epic three hour nap. One of my few remaining pleasures.

In memory of Spock here's wishing everyone live long and prosper.