Mental Support Community

Self

mts

I also want to add my congratulations on the job and I hope things continue to go well for you. It's good your boss listens to you and is considerate. 

I'm sorry about the situation with your neighbors. That sounds distressful for you. It doesn't sound like they are approachable to talk with? 

I hope you continue to connect with your family. Maybe, in time, and with more interactions, a phone call won't feel as awkward?

Maybe too the Samaritans don't get bored talking with the same people? Are you concerned they could become bored? If so, possibly you could share your concerns with them if you do return?

Take care and be well, mts.

1 hour ago, mts said:

Why do you view it this way?

because i'm not particularly fond of the way the mind works. i especially have a problem with so called defense mechanisms. they're supposedly there to help the individual, yet they usually end up hurting him and causing more harm than good.

1 minute ago, mts said:

I guess I imagine, perhaps naively, that understanding something is the only way to use it for the better, or suffer from it less.

you do have a point (not naively tho).

1 minute ago, mts said:

I thought what you were talking about was the depressing nature of realizing more about our possibly determined existence.

this too.

1 minute ago, mts said:

Thanks for always commenting on this forum Resolute.

don't mention it.

1 minute ago, mts said:

I was going to ask if you have any other updates on your thread the other day, but I felt overwhelmed.

well, the passport issue appears to not be a problem, but the matter of how to exit the country remains unclear (and is causing me anxiety).

any developments you'd like to share?

take care.

7 hours ago, mts said:

Well, I do feel that a historical, linguistic, view of the mind would lead to some quite depressing (for others) sentiments. Perhaps such information is better shared only in a general sense, where only its use is understood.

can you elaborate on what you mean by historical and linguistic?

Sorry to hear about your anxiety. Keep us updated on your developments. Is there anything else? Reading much? Watching anything? Talking to anyone?

thanks. i don't read much nowadays. i find it very difficult to find things that interest me. i try to find entertaining shows and sitcoms online and downloading them. unfortunately, again, it's not easy finding stuff that has appealing attributes while at the same time lacking the annoying/triggering ones. so it's basically slim pickings.

i skype with one of my brothers as well as one or two other people, and i see family from time to time.

You don't have to answer those questions. I'm sorry if they are stupid.

they're not stupid.

Me, I'm not liking my job. It's too hard socially, which seems to be 70% of the job. I have no identity, nothing to share. I'm going to sign up to group therapy. But I wish I wasn't at my job.

sorry you're not comfortable at your job. i hope group therapy works out.