Mental Support Community

Self

mts

i've long been a believer in supernatural things such as witchcraft, spells, hexes, curses, etc.. not necessarily in the way you've described, but nonetheless. in fact, certain types of consistent misfortune are unexplainable with anything other than paranormal activity.

as to this:

22 minutes ago, Small said:

The ego is particularly compromised because of the placement of the magic inside of the cavity beneath the chest. This cripples choice & free will, whilst pumping out all sorts of dangerous thoughts & feelings into their host that surface as severe and uncompromising psychiatric disorders.

the same could be said for happy, content, functional and optimistic people (that they're "positively enchanted" for instance, and not actually free).

i still intend to respond to your previous post (the one before the witchcraft business).

Well yeah, people that are extremely positive, and take most their direction from the pleasure principle and superego have a lesser connection with their ego, and aren't able to exercise their free will as much. However, there's a difference between witchcraft & the naturally occurring tenancies of the psyche. The psyche is far more subtle in its desires, is more susceptible to change through homeostasis, and can be more easily controlled by the ego. None of this applies to black magic. It's extremely powerful in it's assertions, is impervious to homeostasis, and hijacks the free will mechanisms tthrough the ego.

55 minutes ago, Small said:

Well, it must either be the individual faces the options, or someone that understands the situation in a thorough and seamless way. The problem with laypersons offering pseudo-choices is that they don't always exist for the person in question due to his nature, experiences, and not so apparent circumstances or limitations. 

In my eexperience though, sometimes the individual that is faced with a subset of choices tends to take the path of least resistance as opposed to most reward. This is understandable when the exertion + loss of resources (money, time, emotions) are unavailable. But where time & money are of equal expenditure in two options, most people would still choose the path that requires a lower exertion. In this situation the negative reinforcement must be carefully evaluated to see whether or not the choice they made was truly lacking of other options. 

A finer point is that if the resilience of someone's psyche cannot stand up to the negative reinforcement of any particular option, then it's a fair to say that the path was never truly an option. Within reason though, resilience can be developed through desensitisation, and the slightest of improvement across various areas of their life.

Overall though, most people can't accurately decide if another individual exercised his options because they can't comprehend the difference in intangibles between himself and the subject. Maybe though, if someone carefully went over their options, their resources & potential negative feedback, it could offer them a sense of clarity on what options truly exist,  but seem off putting because of the cost. Sometimes, if the person chooses to experience negative reinforcement he may find he has more options. SSometimes though, it just isn't worth it.

we're probably in agreement on all/most of the above.

55 minutes ago, Small said:

Who identifies the options? The logical deduction of the subject IMO, which incidentally is the primary function of the Ego.

don't you think it should be thru inductive reasoning?

I wouldn't rule out a curse at this stage. It could be worthwhile for you to see someone & get an opinion or two. You never know, if it is a curse, removing it might help to broaden your options or at the very least, make you feel a little better. 

3 minutes ago, mts said:

I'm going to read about this ego, superego, ID stuff today that Small mentions.

yes! we certainly need someone to give small a run for his money lol.

3 minutes ago, mts said:

I got the waterproof ereader I wanted, couldn't really affford to but it was worth it. It was preowned in the store for two weeks, I kept hiding it at the bottom of the pile so no one else could buy it.

lol. good one.

4 hours ago, Small said:

Fair enough. What happened when you sought solutions by the way? Did anyone say it was a curse & did they attempt to remove it?

the problem with this sort of thing is that most people in the business are charlatans who take your money and do either nothing, or make things even worse. also, from what i know, it seems that it's much easier to put a spell/curse/etc. on someone than it is to remove it properly and completely. they supposedly lifted the curse but nothing improved.

Interesting quote, mts! Please, could you repeat what book is it from? (I'm copying a part of it for myself and would like to have the reference / source right.)

This part sounds (now) most interesting to me:

All willing is simply a matter of commanding and obeying, on the groundwork, as I have said, of a society constructed out of many “souls”: from which a philosopher should claim the right to understand willing itself within the framework of morality: morality understood as a doctrine of the power relations under which the phenomenon of “life” arises.

(I wonder if it means I've become immoral because my problem is (for quite a long time already) that I don't obey myself; I often know what I "want", should and shouldn't, but I  remain passive / do the opposite, ... Well; yes, it it immoral :( - I already reached this conclusion before; I just wander if this quote really also implies it or it's just my perception (because of the preexistent thought).)

What does confuse you most about these issues / the quote(s), if you don't mind explaining?

Take care!

On July 7, 2016 at 6:50 AM, mts said:

"Beyond Good And Evil" by Nietzsche

Oh; I've read it during my therapy, it was my 1st Nietzsche's book and I was fascinated; such a fascinating read! It makes me nostalgic... Funny that I didn't recognize it, but it doesn't surprise me (not only because I've read it in a different language, of course! Mainly because of my memory...).

I still like Nietzsche very much (including his style - it's such a delight to read many of his sentences), but don't take me wrong; it doesn't mean I "take all he says as my truth, as also my opinion". No. But he's very intellectually stimulating; in way I've been able to enjoy. But it's been harder after that 1st book (in my mother tongue), because I've almost only listened to his other books thanks to Librivox - and listening to philosophy instead of reading it, especially in a foreign language, isn't as rewarding as reading it...

Sorry; this whole post is quite out of topic :o ... But I believe you won't mind ;) .