Mental Support Community

Self

mts

4 minutes ago, mts said:

I'm not sure that I envy anyone however...

Me neither! Or better; I am sure I don't. So this particular "advise" is useless for me. I don't need envy to know "what I want": I want to be different; having a good self-control, feeling passionate about something and doing it, for instance. For this, I don't need to see other people succeeding.

2 minutes ago, mts said:

I look at the video and wonder "will I miss the details and lose interest?"

I think I see your point; it's certainly not "weird" to have such a worry. But it's fine that you can sometimes make an exception and don't experience the consequences you'd feared ;) .

8 minutes ago, mts said:

I have to admit: I don't usually permit myself to watch such summaries. I look at the video and wonder "will I miss the details and lose interest?"

I think this is a problem for me quite often. For example I wanted to learn about the ego and ID from Freud lately, and it took one day for me to convince myself to stop reading his earlier, "interpretation of dreams" and start reading his later works, because I worry I will learn it in an unsatisfying / unmemorable way.

It's like reading a book from the end or something. :) I think I have to overcome this habit, though, because I learn too slowly this way.

i don't like watching movies or series from the middle.

40 minutes ago, mts said:

I don't think they accept emails or branch phone calls.

why wouldn't they accept emails? and i don't understand what "branch phone calls" means.

I'm planning to go in tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing them. It's quite helpful, and they're really nice.

wow! this is quite possibly the most positive, optimistic and enthusiastic i've ever seen you. i'm happy for you, mate. :)

1 hour ago, mts said:

Thinking about positive feelings...I don't know about that. :huh: I'm am relieved to feel less fear, and have a bit more mental space. I had some positive feelings for samaritans (care, lust, friendship), but it only temporarily motivates to repeat (they warned about dependence).

I had every day for most of this decade: fear, anxiety, guilt, anger, societal shame, constant and painful social rejection, endless toothaches, self harm, suicidal "thoughts", physical health issues, etc... I am "looking forward" only to some cessation of this crap! (And seeing samaritan women.)

I hope this posts gets across my point: this is a better time in my life; suffering less than before, I am celebrating by relaxing.

lust for samaritan women lol. mts, you dog! :D i bet it's mostly that scottish babe isn't it? ;)

2 hours ago, mts said:

Now I've made it sound bad what I've been doing...but I did laugh at your response. :lol:

I wanted to write a fun response to your post but I realize I've misrepresented myself (as usual). I did not go to samaritans to lust after women (lol), and when it comes down to it there weren't many women that I thought of in that way. It was something else.

i was just kidding, man. it's that dirty mind of mine. :Oops::P

19 hours ago, mts said:

I still don't want anything. As I see more family members and feel less anxious, guilt will be allowed to serve its proper motivating purpose.

The parasite (I saw a philosophy book called this). I will only move if something hurts me. For example, if I can't be around family because I'm embarrassed (of not working), then I am hurting them again and this would cause further motivation by guilt. This will probably happen (once I've seen them all).

Thinking about positive feelings...I don't know about that. :huh: I am relieved to feel less fear, and have a bit more mental space. I had some positive feelings for samaritans (care, lust, friendship), but it only temporarily motivates to repeat (they warned about dependence).

I had every day for most of this decade: fear, anxiety, guilt, anger, societal shame, constant and painful social rejection, endless toothaches, self harm, suicidal "thoughts", physical health issues, etc... I am "looking forward" only to some cessation of this crap! (And seeing samaritan women.)

I hope this posts gets across my point: this is a better time in my life; suffering less than before, I am celebrating by relaxing.

Suffering less is good news. More mental space is good news. I think it's natural to have some positive feelings surface when someone gives you their undivided attention and they are very kind and caring. I still feel a lot of warmth for my former therapist and I haven't seen him in nearly 10 years.

I hope you enjoy your relaxation time, mts.