Mental Support Community

Self

mts

sorry about your mean roommate, mate. :(

3 hours ago, mts said:

To drift like a dead leaf fallen from the tree and taken up by the wind, knowing not if the wind carries you or if you are carrying the wind ...
-- Michel Jourdan

i didn't know michael jordan could write too. :P

• 4 weeks later...

My husband first expressed his interest to me by writing something additional on the attendance sheet that was being passed around at college... 

I think it's okay to express an interest to someone and then wait to see if the interest is mutual. I think it's very positive that you took action to make a connection with someone. That's being open to a possibility. How wonderful.

I hope you are okay, mts. I think it's okay to feel good when doing something positive for others. It's great that you are having more interactions with others too. I would never want to ignore anything that you have written and shared. I hope you will be gentle with yourself.

We're here when you come back from your break. Take care.

On August 25, 2016 at 1:08 PM, mts said:

I suppose I wanted to share my "good deeds". I wondered about the level of potential narcissism, since those actions seemed to excite me. Probably because it's a lot easier to talk to people when you're doing something for them.

It's perfectly OK to share your "good deeds" here, mts!!! Forget any worries about narcissism!

Do you think it would be "less good" if you're feeling good about it? You know we're wired this way; doing "good things" is supposed to make us feel good and it's even more pleasant when others know about it. Of course you can, some day, when you feel like making a change or an exception, to keep your "good deed" to yourself - this can sometimes feel even better, I suppose. But don't let yourself to criticize (or even stop) yourself just because of worries about being pretentious or something like that!! I'm pretty sure sharing your good news with us isn't your only motivation to do volunteering etc. And ... we are here not only to listen to the sad news, but also to enjoy the good ones! ;) 

Good luck with your plans!