Mental Support Community

Would'nt ya know it

58corvette

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well; Thanx To Me Being The Ignorant Nice Guy Last Year With My Oldest Son & EX; With My Retirement, I Found Out Im Paying All The Taxes & A Heavy Price. Since I Have Nothing Left Now & Owe The Government; I Will not Do Any Favors For Either Again.

I Helped My Son LIVE & Survive Until He Bleed Me Dry & EX Recieved Half My Retirement; But Im Paying All The Taxes On It.

Never Before Have I Owed The Government & Cant Do A Thing About It Whatsoever. Im Afraid My Son Has Learned How To Swindle & Con The Way His Mom Continues To Do.

I will See What Consequences I Pay AGAIN. Today Im Just Going To Try To Get Food Assistance. See How That Goes? No Money, No Transportation. I definitley Feel Like A Low Life & Prisoner In So Many Ways..............

I Just want All This Financial Burden & Hardship That I Have Accured Over The Last Few Years To Go Away. I Know Never To Say Never. But I Was FOOLED & Conned By Two People I Should Have Known Better To Try & Help.

Believe Me It Sucks When You Help Others Especially Family & They End Up Stabbing You & Leaving You On Your Own.

I try Not To wish Ill Will On Anyone. But In This Case I Hope KARMA Comes Back On Both Of Them.........

Ya Im Pissed & Trying To Keep Sane...... There are No Answers, No Suggestions & No Help For This One.

Im On My Own AGAIN...........................................

I'm sorry a similar situation came up with me though 100x less serious. I gave my ex GF a lot of money in the past and right afterwards she betrayed me (again) this was the past but after about 4 months her mother accepted an old FR.. I brought up the story to her, and she dared post on her wall a generic post about planting thorns don't expect roses. It took her off my FL too.. done with them. In a way you have to mentally set up barriers for yourself too or like me it will drive ya nuts thinking about it. Don't let them hurt you anymore than they already have if you can. You have came so far. Remeber the rest of your family and friends.

Well; Thanx To Me Being The Ignorant Nice Guy Last Year With My Oldest Son & EX; With My Retirement, I Found Out Im Paying All The Taxes & A Heavy Price. Since I Have Nothing Left Now & Owe The Government; I Will not Do Any Favors For Either Again.
isn't there an offsetting credit in this situation? Or maybe they've made a mistake? Or the money was pulled out improperly? Maybe you can still fix this. Or did you help out with your half of your retirement money?

Believe Me It Sucks When You Help Others Especially Family & They End Up Stabbing You & Leaving You On Your Own.

Yah, that sucks. Maybe once you vent, and you have every right to and need to - you can take some comfort that although part of the family is hurting you, another part is helping.

Dear Jim, (((((hugs)))))

you are feeling very upset and I don't blame you, but try and remember the rest of your family, your friends, who care about you. Are you still living with your daughter? If so, are you expected to pay for food? I'm asking because you mentioned trying to get food assistance.

I think it's terrible that you have to pay half your retirement money to your wife and still have to pay the taxes on all of it. I don't understand things like that but i'm hoping there might be something you can do about it as Athena suggested?

I am so sorry you have been put into such a situation again. I know it must be very hurtful, that feeling of helplessness is very hard to overcome. I do hope that wonderful ability you have had in the past, to pick yourself up and go on, will return to you soon.

Take care Jim, M

Well After Writing A Responce & Previewing Post I Seem To Be Having Problems AGAIN With This Site; As It Completley Lost My Post.

So I Will Just Say Thanx Again M., Random & Athena For Your Inspiration; Suggestions, Thoughts & Help.

The Best To You & Everyone Else In Your Own Personal Journeys. I will see if this Post? Just Another Frustration Again to Deal With..................

I'm Doing OK Random; Thank You For Asking.

I Know I Haven't been on here much Lately; As I Have Been Very Busy Getting Ready For My Twin Daughter's Graduation From College & Party.

Very Proud Of Her as She Continues To Stay Focused & Driven on Her Goal & Dream Of becoming A School Teacher.

My Twin Son Also Continues To Do Well With A Positive Attitude & His Own Goal Of Hollywood Working In The Computer Animation Business.

My Twins Have A Very Special Bond & Have Never Had Anything Easy Or Given To Them. So Despite Many Obstacles & Setbacks They Continue To Hold Their Own Personal Promise With Each Other.

I Am Doing My Best To Try & Stay Busy & Think Positive. I Almost Feel Like A Lost Teenager Starting From Scratch Without Anything; So Despite My Years Of Work & Life Experience Hopefully I Can Find A Way To Utilise This Productively Somewhere In Society & The Workforce..........

Again I Hope Everyone Is Doing Well & To Random, Dear M. & Miss Athena ( Who Helps keep My Feet On The Ground) Thank You Always For Your Concern, Help, Suggestions, & Post.

The Very Best, ALWAYS!!!

Sincerely; Jim

I'm Doing OK Random; Thank You For Asking.

I Know I Haven't been on here much Lately; As I Have Been Very Busy Getting Ready For My Twin Daughter's Graduation From College & Party.

Very Proud Of Her as She Continues To Stay Focused & Driven on Her Goal & Dream Of becoming A School Teacher.

My Twin Son Also Continues To Do Well With A Positive Attitude & His Own Goal Of Hollywood Working In The Computer Animation Business.

My Twins Have A Very Special Bond & Have Never Had Anything Easy Or Given To Them. So Despite Many Obstacles & Setbacks They Continue To Hold Their Own Personal Promise With Each Other.

Well done Jim. And you should be proud, glad you feel that way.

I Am Doing My Best To Try & Stay Busy & Think Positive. I Almost Feel Like A Lost Teenager Starting From Scratch Without Anything; So Despite My Years Of Work & Life Experience Hopefully I Can Find A Way To Utilise This Productively Somewhere In Society & The Workforce..........

I know this feeling as I need to start over too. I was inspired by a lady in her 50's whom I met on Saturday night. She took a year long course on charitable fundraising and is now working in that field. It's not related at all to what she did before. Doesn't seem like too big a mountain to climb knowing that is possible. The thing is - finding the right mountain and getting the motivation to climb it!

Miss Athena; Thank You So Much....

And What You Just Mentioned Is An Inspiration Indeed!!!!

Your Last Sentence; Hits The Nail On The Head For Me As Well.......

"FINDING THE RIGHT MOUNTAIN AND GETTING THE MOTIVATION TO CLIMB IT"....For Sure..

I Hope Both Of Us Find This Again. And Thanks Again.

Sincerely; Jim

Hello Jim, hi Athena.

I love what you said, Athena,

"FINDING THE RIGHT MOUNTAIN AND GETTING THE MOTIVATION TO CLIMB IT".....

I know i've found it hard to find the mountain that is right for me, let alone climb it...not having a goal can leave one drifting along, as I feel I have been doing for many many years.

Jim, you must get a lot of joy from watching your children grow into responsible, caring people. I know they learned that from you.

I hope you are able to press forward in your life, and though starting over is very hard, I know you can do it. (((((hugs)))))

Take care, M.

Dear M.;

Again Thank You So Very Much. And Yes I Have Great Joy & Pride In My Twins; Who Have been Through So Very Much And Continue To Reach For Their Goals.

They Both Have So Very Much To Offer & Are Kind & Caring Young Adults; As Well.

As For My Oldest Son; I Fear He Continues To Struggle & Go In A Direction Of His Mom & Again I Am Paying The Price Dearly For The Trust & Money I Bestowed On Both Of Them.

However I Know I Need To Keep My Head Up, Not Get Down Or Angry About The Predicament They Have Put Me In; As It Will Do Me No Good & Solve NOTHING.

So I Will Pay The Price $$$$ (AGAIN) For Their Selfishness & Continue To Have Hope My Son Will See The Damage He Has Done To Others. As Far As My EX (His Mom) Her Own Family Has Only Recently Discovered The Truth Of Her Evil, Selfish Ways & KARMA Can Come Back On You In Strange Ways.

As Long As I Continue To Think Good Thoughts For Myself Their Is HOPE.

And My Own Personal Journey & Story Will Continue On..............

The Best To You Dear M.; ALWAYS Thank You Again.

Sincerely; Jim

Just Wrote Another Post & It Logged Me Out & Lost It Again.

The Story Of My Life...........Ill Just Laugh At This For Now. But It Is B.S.

Wish You Could Fix That Glitch At This Site. It Gets Annoying.

So Ill Shoten The STUFF I Wrote.

Good Fathers Day..

Saw All Three Kids.

Oldest Still Battling Demons As Am I.

Still Alone & Longing For LOVE.....

Still Lost With No Direction.

OBLADEOBLAHDA...................Life As I Know It Goes On..........

Talking to ourselves now are we, Jim? Oh-Oh:eek:

I came across two completely unrelated people involved in the following. I figured it was a sign to either go do it myself (considering it) or to tell somebody about it.

http://www.habitatla.org/

Maybe it would be of interest to you? Sounds like it would be fun and get you outdoors for the summer.

Summer Is Here In My Neck Of The Woods.

I just Wrote a short Thread in Regards To This & Once Again It Logged Me Out & It was Lost........Frustrating.........

Anyway In Short It was Mainly About The Affects Of Weather & The Four Seasons On Us As Humans & How we Have Evolved & Adapted to it. Both as A Whole & Individuals.

I Personally Try My Best To Be Aware Of It Especially When It Comes To Temper & Temperature.. Also I Try To Give a Few Things A Full Year or The Four Seasons Before Rushing To Judgement. Such As Jobs, Relationships, Friendships & Other Endeavors.

It is Just A Personal Observation Of Mine; As I Continue To Deal with, Make Sense & Stabilise My Own Demons, Stability, Judgement & Temperament.

It Helps Me Be More Aware & Hopefully Understanding Of Mother Nature, People, Climate & Myself In This Crazy Wonderful World We Call EARTH.

To All Of You Who Read & Or Reply To This; Have A Great DAY.............

Hello Jim.

I Personally Try My Best To Be Aware Of It Especially When It Comes To Temper & Temperature.. Also I Try To Give a Few Things A Full Year or The Four Seasons Before Rushing To Judgement. Such As Jobs, Relationships, Friendships & Other Endeavors.

What you wrote makes a lot of sense. I tend to rush into things usually in a negative way. I hope I can learn to be more like you.

As for losing your posts, that used to happen to me a lot so now I copy and save what I am writing every paragraph or so.

Take care and I wish you happiness and peace Jim.

M.

Dear M.; Thank You So Very Much For Your Reply & Kind Words. Believe Me Right Now Just To Have Someone, Anyone Acknowledge My Own Personal Thoughts, Experiences & Feelings Continues To Let me Know I Am Not Alone & I Have Some Type Of Meaning & Purpose In Life.

Please M. You Continue To Be Who You Are; No Need To Be More Like Me. We Are All Unique & Have Something To Offer. I Continue To Struggle Daily With Myself, Who I Am & What I'm Meant To Be Or Do.

But My Values, Thoughts & Feelings Will Remain. I Often Look At My Twins Today & Their Values, Goals, Desires, Hopes & Dreams & I Am The One That Is Impressed & Inspired. Not Because Of Me (And I Did Miss A Large Part Of Their Life); But Despite Me & Their Mom's Shortcomings, Demons & Nasty Divorce Mess.

They Do Know The Value Of Love & Family For Sure; But I Believe From Their Own Personal Experiences (With Their Mom & I ) And What They Went Through & Endured They Also LEARNED.

And When I Say That I Believe They Have Made A Special Bond & Agreement With Themselves Individually & Collectively To become Something In Their Lives That They Believe In Without Relying On Someone Else. That Way If Something Happens Along The Way (With Another Person, Relationship Or Spouse) They Still Have A Life That Has meaning & Purpose Simply In What They Are Doing As A Job. And With That Purpose It Is Not A Job; But Part Of Who They Are, What They Are & Everything else can Fall Into Place. Without Worry Over A Broken Relationship.

All Three Of My Children have Refrained From Marriage Or Having Children I Believe Because They have Seen The Devastating Effects it Has On Children, Adults & Family. For That I Commend Them. Although I Must Admit At my Age It Would Be Nice To Have A Grandchild. But That's Selfish.

I went Into My Marriage As LIFE & FOREVER. I was Lost when I came into That Relationship & Looking For Love & Direction. My Life Was Based Solely On My Wife & Kids. So When That Faltered & Fell Apart I Had No Direction Or Meaning In Life.

Still Don't. But I Continue To Wake Up Daily Hoping I Will Find That Direction & Purpose For MYSELF. I Have Realised Although I Am Desperately Alone & Seeking Love & Companionship I Am No Good To Anyone Or Myself Without Some Type Of Foundation To Start.

I Used To Think With The Right Person We Could Help & Solve Each Others Own Dilemmas. And I Guess I Still Believe That To A Degree. But When The Other Persons Or My Own Situation Is So Very Deep & Neither Can Handle Or Deal With The Others Demons it Becomes Way To Overwhelming & You Become Useless To One Another.

So I Have To Continue To Grow, Learn & Find Direction. That Way Hopefully As My Twins Have Learned I Have Something To Fall Back On & Not Only Will I Be More Likely To Deal With That Individual; But MYSELF As Well.

I Have Rambled & This Is A Bit Long. I Have Previewed It Several Times & Hopefully As I Submit It Will Not Become LOST In This Sites Air Dust Again. Happened To Me A Lot When I First Got On This Site. But Then For Months I Had No Problems.

I'm Not Sure How To Save Before Posting; So For Now I Will Just Preview & Submit. Hoping It Post?

You Take Care M. & Please Continue To Be YOU.... I Welcome All Other Replies........I Know Were All Different; But In Many Ways We Are The Same As Well.

The Human Experience.............................

Although I Haven't Been Getting Much Response From Anyone On This Site Lately & There Are many New People Here; I Have Been Reading & Responding To A Few Others I Can Either Relate To, Find Interest Or Continue To Try To Help Or Give Some Input When Possible.

I To At Times Think About Leaving This Site; But for Me Weather There Is Res ponces Or Not to My Writing, Feelings or Observations I Carry On Here; Why? I Need It. It Still Is A Site & Forum I Can Express Myself & Relieve My Stress By Writing It Out.........So My Writing Will Continue.

Yesterday I Played Some Co-Ed Softball With My Twin Daughter. I Went Just Expecting To Watch Her Play. But I Know Through The Years How Things Go In These Type Of Situations & Sure Enough They Didn't Have Enough People Or Players. So This Old Man Came Somewhat Prepared & Played. It Was Fun.

And I Missed So Much Time Of My Daughters Life & Activities That this Itself With Living With Her, Seeing Her Graduate College & Just Being Around Has Been Somewhat Of A Healing Process For My Daughter & I.

I Try My Best To Feel Like I'm Contributing Here; But Many Times Still Feel Inadequate Compared To My Daughter's Boyfriend. Since I Live With Them & Have No Income. It's A Bit Shameful & Embarrassing As A Man, Person & Father.

Then I Go To Bed Every Night & Wake Up Every Morning ALONE STILL. I Hate That. Been To Many Years Of This Circle & Cycle Of Mine.

Anyway; At Least I Got This Out Of My System Again. Responses Or Not. And I Read Some Other Post In Regards To Animals & Dogs. There Are Four Dogs Here & I Feed Them Daily; Including My Ol Dog "LIGHTNING" Now About 12yrs. Old. My Other Dog "THUNDER" As A Few of You Know Passed Away Last Year After About 13+ Yrs. Of LIFE. Shortly After My Dear Dad Died.

Wasn't Able To Mourn Either Enough To Get Out Of My System. Anyway That's Other Issues I Deal With. LOSS & Abandonment.............Yuck!!!

But It's Nice To Just Go Outside & Enjoy Nature & The Dogs For Now..

Hi Jim,

Good for you getting out to play softball with your daughter. And getting out to enjoy nature and the dogs. Sorry you're so lonely these days. If you want to go see how many lonely people there are out there, just join a single parent forum or dating site. Seems like half the world is without a partner! Maybe that won't make you feel so bad.

My life is....interesting... these days. I'm trying to connect with my daughters more. I'm trying to get out and connect with people. And realizing just how far I still have to go to re-joining (If I ever joined) the human race. I don't feel like I live in constant emotional hell anymore but just feel a bit lost, like 'OK, I just dug my way out of hell, now what?' Perhaps I'm just suffering from the temporary lack of major stress in my life:D. You know, even though I'm not working right now, a few people want to hang around with me. So don't let unemployment stop you. Just allow yourself to be happy when you are with others and they will be happy being with you. If this social misfit can get out with some new friends, you certainly can.

I'm still here just don't get a chance to respond as often. Powerful, good words you said Jim. Your right on everything and it is lessons I need to work on myself. Seems like you are feeling better :) We all have ups and downs.. I am learning that it is part of life. What I love about this site and the friends I have here.. you gave me a chance to know you all as people. I got to see how people think outside myself and it made all the difference. I realized we are all closer connected in how we think and feel than we know. Realized I wasn't a freak like I thought. Learned a lot.

HI Jim, I read your page and will continue to do so because I am interested in what you say. I won't always reply because I won't have anything constructive to add, but please keep writing. You are an inspirational person. To be truly independent is a wonderful feeling and gives you a big capacity to love others, instead of being needy and looking to be saved. It takes away all the pressure. I think it is wonderful that your twins are like this. Keep working on finding your comfort zone with yourself. I think you would be a great match for yoga, if you don't already practise. Thank you for your help with my situation.

Pigeon

Archived